Windows 10: Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows

Discus and support Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone I have dual boot laptop with win 10 and Ubuntu. Legacy BIOS. I want to remove/delete everything and then clean reinstall win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Madhra, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Madhra Win User

Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows

Hi everyone

I have dual boot laptop with win 10 and Ubuntu.

Legacy BIOS.

I want to remove/delete everything and then clean reinstall win 10.

Later add some Linux as dual boot.

Just want to confirm before I do to avoid any problems:

If I boot from win 10 usb and reinstall with formatting disk, would that be enough or do I need to do something else, like remove Ubuntu, before that?

I searched the forum but didn't find the right answer, so creating my own.

Thank you in advance

Raj

:)

Madhra, Jan 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows

Remove an OS installation without removing files?

Its been a while since I did this sort of thing and I need help, I bought an 120gb SSD(Crucial M500) and will install windows 8 on it to be my boot OS/Drive later,

however I still have my very old Windows 7 installed on my 1TB drive(still currently my boot drive). I plan to keep most of the files in that Drive, but not the actual OS itself.. and I don't plan on dual booting, how can I remove the windows 7 on the 1TB Drive but still keep the non-OS files in there for backup purposes while I'm still setting up my new OS?

lyndonguitar, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows

1. Remove dual boot both OS. Clean install windows - Similar Threads - Remove dual boot

2. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS: In the process of re-installing my OS I ended up with the system installed on a HDD and partially installed on a SSD It was supposed to just be on the SSD. Oops. In the case of the SSD install it is at the point of asking for my email address and Microsoft PW. Can I just...
  3. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS: In the process of re-installing my OS I ended up with the system installed on a HDD and partially installed on a SSD It was supposed to just be on the SSD. Oops. In the case of the SSD install it is at the point of asking for my email address and Microsoft PW. Can I just...
  4. Cleaning up an inadvertent dual install of the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os

Windows 10 installation as a dual boot os: I have a dell Inspiron laptop. It came with windows 7 preinstalled. Now I want to install windows 10 as welp by partitioning the drive. I have created a bootable usb using the windows ISO file downloaded from windows website and using rufus tool, i have formatted the usb...
  6. Dual boot, OS clean install, but still icons from other OS appear.

Dual boot, OS clean install, but still icons from other OS appear.: Hi folks, I have a few installations of windows 10 on two separate partitions on an SSD drive on my computer, one is a barebones windows 10, that I use for general surfing and the other windows 10 installation has a lot of music apps etc. I was having some probs on one of...
  7. Dual boot, OS clean install, but still icons from other OS appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot, OS clean install, but still icons from other OS appear.: Hi folks, I have a few installations of windows 10 on two separate partitions on an SSD drive on my computer, one is a barebones windows 10, that I use for general surfing and the other windows 10 installation has a lot of music apps etc. I was having some probs on one of...
  8. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  9. Cleaning up removal of Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Cleaning up removal of Dual Boot with Ubuntu: I set up Ubuntu in dual boot with Win 10 and tried to replace it with Mint, which failed at installation. I then had a "grub rescue" prompt regardless of what I tried. I fixed the mbr by booting from Win 7 .iso and running Bootrec /fixmbr. I can now boot into Win 10...
  10. Install older OS as dual boot?

Install older OS as dual boot?: I read on the MS help website that you cannot install older versions of windows as dualboot, however I am having issues playing the same games that I played on win8.1. Microsoft promised that Win10 would improve games, but some of the games I'm playing were rendered...