Windows 10: Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

Discus and support Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CntrlAltDel, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access.

Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane [​IMG]

In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with multiple links at a time. It's very annoying and also inconsistent as in sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't.

In this image I found online, it's more pronounced.

:)

CntrlAltDel, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Baggi0 Win User

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

Hi Brink,

Here are the screenshots, thanks Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane :)

clicking on this "This PC" on the desktop and its fine.

D: shortcut on the desktop still shows the D: drive

and E: still shows the E: drive

F: was working but after another restart is gone back to this

Baggi0, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Josey, Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane :)

It'll remove all the separate groups of drives in the navigation pane. It won't remove the ones listed under the "This PC" group.

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

When I reran the tutorial, I didn't see the patch installed correctly: See link below:

Is this correct?

merowland01, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

1. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane - Similar Threads - Remove duplicate links

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane

Duplicate Documents Folders in Navigation Pane: Hello everyone, Im having trouble with restoring Documents and Downloads folders in this pc. Initially i tried to change default folder locations ssd to hdd but it was a mess so I wanted to restore it back. Now im confused because whenever i try to "restore to default" at the...
  6. Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane

Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane: When I open a folder in the Windows Explorer, despite having the "Expand to current folder" option ticked off, the navigation panel will add a "Desktop" or "Downloads" shortcut under This PC. In this screenshot, on the left is how it looks like after opening folders and on...
  7. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  8. Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane: As well directed by Brink I am starting this thread here as I was working off a tutorial with changing Library Icons when this problem came up, for your referencing delight ->> Change Library Icon in Windows 10 I was able to get the library icons changed however I am...
  9. Removing entries in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing entries in navigation pane?: My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most...
  10. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, all removable drives are shown separately in the navigation pane of File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate library folders showing in explorer navigation pane

2. duplicate links in the navigation panel