Windows 10: Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

Discus and support Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CntrlAltDel, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access.

Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane [​IMG]

In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with multiple links at a time. It's very annoying and also inconsistent as in sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't.

In this image I found online, it's more pronounced.

:)

CntrlAltDel, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Baggi0 Win User

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

Hi Brink,

Here are the screenshots, thanks Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane :)

clicking on this "This PC" on the desktop and its fine.

D: shortcut on the desktop still shows the D: drive

and E: still shows the E: drive

F: was working but after another restart is gone back to this

Baggi0, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Josey, Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane :)

It'll remove all the separate groups of drives in the navigation pane. It won't remove the ones listed under the "This PC" group.

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

When I reran the tutorial, I didn't see the patch installed correctly: See link below:

Is this correct?

merowland01, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

1. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane - Similar Threads - Remove duplicate links

2. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  3. Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane: As well directed by Brink I am starting this thread here as I was working off a tutorial with changing Library Icons when this problem came up, for your referencing delight ->> Change Library Icon in Windows 10 I was able to get the library icons changed however I am...
  4. remove DropBox from navigation pane

remove DropBox from navigation pane: hello Mr Shawn Brink *Smile i tried to PM you, but the system didn't let me, since this is my first post :P following the text from the PM: " I just did read (and do) your instructions about removing OneDrive from the left explorer-pane. (and the quick-access pane)...
  5. How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane

How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane: Hi, Was perfect! Now I have another problem... How to Remove MEGA in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Anyone knows it? TY! 84475
  6. Remove User from navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User from navigation Pane: Hello, any idea about how to remove the user (Ciccio in the picture) from the navigation pane (and/or from the save as windows)? [img] 11775
  7. Removing entries in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing entries in navigation pane?: My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most...
  8. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: What if I want to do the reverse? This tutorial removes individual drive sections, but leaves them in "This PC"... I would prefer to move all the drives to individual sections, and remove them from "This PC". Is this possible? 4675
  9. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: Tried doing this with the latest updates to 1703 build 15063.502. Changing the owner to Administrator was easily done but changing permissions of Administrator from read only to full couldn't be done. I've attached a .png of the advanced permissions window. [img] 5352
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888