Windows 10: remove duplicate login and administrator

Discus and support remove duplicate login and administrator in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sdavenport313, May 2, 2022.

1. remove duplicate login and administrator

I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.I keep reading the solution from years ago to do ctrl +R then type netplwiz then deselect the box ...blah blah blah...that has NEVER worked for me.I have an Acer 2015 E5-575. I've wiped the laptop clean a couple of times - as suggested in one of the community responses and seemingly for no reason because the duplicate login is sti

:)

sdavenport313, May 2, 2022

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, May 2, 2022
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 2, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

remove duplicate login and administrator

Broken/Duplicate Item in Start Menu

Thanks for providing us the outcome. We'd like to know if there are any changes that were made after trying the PowerShell command that was suggested. Have you encountered the same result?

Just in case that the duplicate app is still showing up, we suggest that you try running another command via Windows PowerShell to remove the app. Here are the steps:

• In the search box, type Windows PowerShell, right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following commands and press Enter:

Get-appxpackage *netflix* | remove-appxpackage

• Close the window and check the result.

Let us know if you'll encounter any issues.

Louie Del, May 2, 2022
Thema:

remove duplicate login and administrator

1. remove duplicate login and administrator - Similar Threads - remove duplicate login

2. remove duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  3. remove duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  4. remove duplicate login and administrator

remove duplicate login and administrator: I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.I keep...
  5. remove duplicate login and administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove duplicate login and administrator: I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.I keep...
  6. Removing duplicate programs

Removing duplicate programs: One of my system management apps (Wise) seems to list duplicates of a few of my installed programs., one example is Mighty Text which seems to have more than a half dozen copies. Most other utilities such as uninstallers and file managers are only showing the one copy. I have...
  7. Three duplicate Administration accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Three duplicate Administration accounts: When I open my laptop, go to settings and click on accounts, it takes you to the tab that states " Your info". Normally I would see one circle, that being my administration account, however, now there are three duplicate administration accounts 3 circles. Each requires...
  8. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements: I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me... I've been trying to remove the password login requirement from my computer for wake up on lan functionality for in-home streaming and such without having to go around from room...
  9. remove duplicate photos

remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos from my computer. I'm on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/c74792c1-cfd3-4e0f-853b-9a35905be29d
  10. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286