Windows 10: Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

Discus and support Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by George Flach, May 25, 2023.

1. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to start typing, it starts with loads of useless crud.I wouldn't even ask this, except this is something that's only been happening since the last couple of updates. It used to be when I opened the Search function it started with my most recently used stuff. Quite helpful, actually. Thanks for any help!

:)

George Flach, May 25, 2023

2. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 25, 2023
  3. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 25, 2023
  4. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

1. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions - Similar Threads - Remove Edge Bing

2. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  3. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  4. Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.: Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-easier-to-remove-edge-than-remove-bing/8a1679c2-8b61-4487-96b4-b3630981de02
  5. Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.: Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-easier-to-remove-edge-than-remove-bing/8a1679c2-8b61-4487-96b4-b3630981de02
  6. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page: How do I get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page? (as shown in attached image.) Windows 10, 20H2 Edge Chromium Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) 172351
  7. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page: How do I get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page? (as shown in attached image.) Windows 10, 20H2 Edge Chromium Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) 172351
  8. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  9. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  10. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806