Windows 10: remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?

Discus and support remove Edge from Start menu recommendation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] is there any way to make it so this doesn't show up anymore? All I could find to remove it involved it being pre-installed/download, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by N00byDoo, Jun 21, 2020.

1. N00byDoo Win User

remove Edge from Start menu recommendation?

remove Edge from Start menu recommendation? [​IMG]

is there any way to make it so this doesn't show up anymore?

All I could find to remove it involved it being pre-installed/download, but after the last update Edge was forcibly installed. I tried the "pre-install/download" solutions, but those didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

N00byDoo, Jun 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Jun 21, 2020
  3. jc351226 Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Thank you guys so much for the replies. So a bit of things I have tried was renaming the files so they should not launch. I have added the new file names in the GPO as restricted apps to not be able to be used but the edge app is still listed in the start menu. and just clicking on it rings up a dead edge window prompting you of the lack of internet connection. But if you type C:\ in the bar it will open a file explorer in the root of C. i have been fighting with this new image for about 2 weeks now. It is locked down very tight. And the final step is doing away with the Edge icon. If i could just permanently hide or delete that icon I would be thoroughly finished. Thank you so much for your replies and I did follow those steps which did help to a certain extent. But since the application is still installed I guess the app will be listed in the installed app listing.

jc351226, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. remove Edge from Start menu recommendation? - Similar Threads - remove Edge Start

2. Why can't I remove recommendations from start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove recommendations from start menu?: Windows 11 has the option to show "more", "less" or "medium" amount of recommendations from start menu.Has it not occurred to the genius who developed this UI that a user might want NO recommendations?Like, what if I don't want a reminder of which files I recently used, right...
  3. Why can't I remove recommendations from start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I remove recommendations from start menu?: Windows 11 has the option to show "more", "less" or "medium" amount of recommendations from start menu.Has it not occurred to the genius who developed this UI that a user might want NO recommendations?Like, what if I don't want a reminder of which files I recently used, right...
  4. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  5. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

"Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  6. Remove "Recommended" from the start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Recommended" from the start screen: Does anyone know whether this can be done, and if so how? It takes up half the start screen so now I have to scroll to find my most used apps. It's nonsense -why would I want to know what Microsoft recommends? And then secondly under Windows 10, "Recently added" was at the...
  7. Remove "Recommended" from the start screen

Remove "Recommended" from the start screen: Does anyone know whether this can be done, and if so how? It takes up half the start screen so now I have to scroll to find my most used apps. It's nonsense -why would I want to know what Microsoft recommends? And then secondly under Windows 10, "Recently added" was at the...
  8. Edge recommendations in the start menu. How is this acceptable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge recommendations in the start menu. How is this acceptable?: I know Microsoft really wants people to use Edge, but at the cost of their consumers workflow?I open this softwareEnterpriseIQ about 20 times a day. Why do I still get Microsoft Edge as the top hit even after typing in 5 characters of my software. Any solution to get rid of...
  9. Edge recommendations in the start menu. How is this acceptable?

Edge recommendations in the start menu. How is this acceptable?: I know Microsoft really wants people to use Edge, but at the cost of their consumers workflow?I open this softwareEnterpriseIQ about 20 times a day. Why do I still get Microsoft Edge as the top hit even after typing in 5 characters of my software. Any solution to get rid of...
  10. Edge recommendations in the start menu. How is this acceptable?

in Windows 10 Customization