Windows 10: Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

Discus and support Remove email account linked to my local Windows account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day, Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account? Because of this Microsoft family is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Maja, Mar 7, 2021.

1. _Maja Win User

Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

Good day,

Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account?
    Because of this Microsoft family is automatically activated with restrictions applicable for my son as the email address is his.

Thanks in advance

:)

_Maja, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 7, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Remove email account linked to my local Windows account :(

Zakin, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove email account linked to my local Windows account - Similar Threads - Remove email account

2. Linked email accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Linked email accounts.: My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he doesnt have to get permissions from her main account. How can he do this and not lose his account? * Moved from MSN...
  3. Local account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local account email: Can I change the email associated with a Local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-email/aa10d087-d852-4e85-8b0b-d54c6a4779bd
  4. Linked email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linked email accounts: We've been trying to remove my husband's hotmail account from Windows and Windows 365 but they keep popping up. We only want his one gmail account for all of his Windows accounts....
  5. Removing local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing local account: When I start my windows, I am having two options to sign in, one local account and one Microsoft Hotmail account. When I went to the settings/account to remove the local account I am not able to find it. Am I missing something or is there any other way to remove the local...
  6. Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.: I am unable to remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail, the email account is no longer valid so I could not log in if I did have the password. Windows 10 keeps insisting that I log in, but that account does not exist any longer. How can I detach it...
  7. Email permanently linked to local account after update

Email permanently linked to local account after update: I use an offline account for myself & set up my children's PCs as offline accounts as well. But after the last update, I started being asked for my email password. Now, I had put outlook email accounts for my kids & my own emails I use for different things. And it seems that...
  8. No Logon in with local account link

No Logon in with local account link: I am setting up a new Windows 10 Profession computer. Under Settings -> Accounts -> Your info there is no link to login in with local login. I have several local accounts created with administrator rights. I need to login into a local account. Can you please help me?...
  9. Email and linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...