Windows 10: remove email address from sign-in screen

Discus and support remove email address from sign-in screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. I don't want my email address shown on the sign-in screen of Windows 10 Home. How can I remove it? I have already switched the option ' Show account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trevlak, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Trevlak Win User

remove email address from sign-in screen

1. I don't want my email address shown on the sign-in screen of Windows 10 Home. How can I remove it? I have already switched the option ' Show account details such as email address on the sign-in screen' (settings ->Accounts->Sign-in options->Privacy) to OFF, but my email address stays on the sign-in screen.

2. I also want to remove my email address from Start.

Can someone help me, I not a computer nerd, so please try to make it understandable for me, thank you

:)

Trevlak, Nov 28, 2019

2. cannot remove my email address from the sign-in screen

Hi,

To resolve this issue follow these steps:

You have to convert your Microsoft Account to a Local Account and then convert it back to a Microsoft Office. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Accounts icon.

• In Your account, click/tap on the
      Sign in with a local account instead link on the right side at the top.

• Type in the current password of your Microsoft account, and click/tap on
      Next.

• Type in a user name, password, and password hint you want for your local account, and click/tap on
      Next

Click/tap on Sign out and finish

To switch from local account to a Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Accounts icon.

In Your account, click/tap on the Sign in with a Microsoft account instead link on the right side at the top.

• Type in the current password of your Local account (if shown), and click/tap on
      Next.

• Type in an email ID, password, and password hint you want for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on
      Next

• Click/tap on Sign out and finish

Now restart Windows 10 and try logging in to your User Account and check if this still shows your email address or has cleared it from the screen. If it is still shown then you may navigate back to
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy and make sure to turn it off the option ‘Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen’.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Email addresses not hidden on Sign in Screen

Hello Brandan,

In most cases, this error is transitory or short-lived issues caused by very slight interruptions in communications between the computer being updated and the Windows update servers.

Can you confirm if you already have tried this steps:

Press Windows + I > Accounts.

Select Sign-in options on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen for what you want under Privacy on the right side.

Exit Settings.

If you already have tried it, let's skip on that. Let's hide Email Address Using Group Policy.

• Open the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10. In the left-hand pane, drill down to Computer
      Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System ->
      Login.
    • On the right pane, find the “Block user from showing account details on sign-in” policy and double-click it. Set it to
      Enabled if you need to hide email address on the login screen, or set it
      Disabled or Not Configured if you allow email address displayed at the sign-in screen.
    • When finished, exit the Local Group Policy Editor and restart your computer to test the changes.

You can also hide it using Registry keys.

If Local Group Policy Editor is not available in your Windows system, this registry hack can help you tweak the group policy setting. Both of these methods work in the same way, but the Group Policy Editor is a bit more user-friendly.

• Open the Registry Editor in Windows 10. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
    • Find the BlockUserFromShowingAccountDetailsOnSignin value on the right pane and double-click it. Set the Value Data to 1 if you want to block Windows 10 show email address on the login screen. Or set the value to 0 and this will leave your
      email address visible at the sign-in screen.
      • Note: If the BlockUserFromShowingAccountDetailsOnSignin value doesn’t exist, right-click on the empty space to create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it with
        BlockUserFromShowingAccountDetailsOnSignin.
    • Exit Registry Editor and reboot your computer. When you come to the login screen, you can check if your email address is shown or hide on Windows 10 login screen.

Notes: If you’ve turned on the “Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen” option through the Settings app but your email address is still not shown at login, it’s possible that you’ve enabled the group
    policy “Block user from showing account details on sign-in“.

Let us know how things go.

Anne Fuj, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Girish M Win User

The Windows 10 sign-in screen no longer shows my accounts’ email addresses

Hi,

To improve customer privacy, the Anniversary Update introduces a new option in Settings to either hide or show their email address at the sign-in screen.
    In order to protect our customer’s privacy concerns, the default setting for this option is toggled off, which keeps the email address hidden.

You can toggle this setting to show or hide your email address by going to
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. If you want to display your email address, under “Privacy”, toggle the
    Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen setting to ON.

If you’re stuck on the sign-in screen and can’t tell which email address you are being asked to provide the password for, you can use the Recovery Console to determine which account is which.
    (Note: The following steps will not work if you have Bitlocker installed.)
    To do this:

1. From the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
    Power > Restart.
    If you don't have a keyboard connected to your device (e.g. tablet), you'll need to use the on-screen touch keyboard to do this. From the Windows sign-in screen, select
    Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner, and select
    On-Screen Keyboard

2. After your PC restarts to the
    Choose an option
    screen, select Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Option > Command Prompt.

3. Your device will restart again and the OEM or Windows logo will appear while Windows prepares the Command Prompt.

4. The Command Prompt screen will ask for you to choose an account to continue.
    (Only administrator accounts will appear on this screen.)

5. Choose an account, and the email address will appear below the user name and you will be prompted for the password.
    Once you are signed into your account, you can go to Settings, and toggle the sign-in option to show email addresses, as described earlier.

Girish M, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. remove email address from sign-in screen - Similar Threads - remove email address

2. suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Received a suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** regarding changes to One drive file that I did not make. unable to access version history. Is there a human being that can help me? Instead of going around in circles on suggested issues on...
  3. suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Received a suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** regarding changes to One drive file that I did not make. unable to access version history. Is there a human being that can help me? Instead of going around in circles on suggested issues on...
  4. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  5. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  6. Is the email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit?: I received a survey for windows from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** .I want to know if it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-email-from-legit/bc7213a0-4592-4c67-8cdf-110d1d34e724
  7. Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "

Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ": Hi,I received a mail from the abovementioned address with no subject. I am quoting the message below." 1 You can meet with anyone in a 1:1 call and speak up to 24 hours for free. For a group call more than two people, you can meet with up to 100 participants and...
  8. email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi, I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and wanted to know if this is a legitimate microsoft email. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-from/ac0e0d24-3bdd-473a-948f-77c75c7984c4
  9. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"
  10. Remove email address from Windows

Remove email address from Windows: Hello I am under Windows 10 V. 1903. I am on a local account, in this case the Administrator account and I connected once (unfortunately) with my outlook.com email on the Windows store. Since this blunder, my Outlook address appears associated with the Administrator account...