Windows 10: Remove email address from Windows 10

Discus and support Remove email address from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning, I have an old college email address that has been remotely deactivated. Meaning there is no email address or password to login to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SilverbackGrizz, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Remove email address from Windows 10

Good morning,

I have an old college email address that has been remotely deactivated. Meaning there is no email address or password to login to. I am getting the "account problem" message every time I boot up. I cannot remove it the traditional way, so can someone please tell me how I can remove it from my system? It's not affecting my computer, but it is annoying the hell out of me. Thank you.

:)

SilverbackGrizz, Apr 13, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Apr 13, 2021
  3. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Why has *** Email address is removed for privacy *** appeared at the top of my email address list?

This has taken over from my other email address and I may have sent emails to engage windows instead of my personal email address, because engage windows has suddenly appeared at the top of my address list.

Why has this list changed anyway?

WilliamTodd4, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Remove email address from Windows 10

How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Remove email address from Windows 10

1. Remove email address from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove email address

2. suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Received a suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** regarding changes to One drive file that I did not make. unable to access version history. Is there a human being that can help me? Instead of going around in circles on suggested issues on...
  3. suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Received a suspicious email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** regarding changes to One drive file that I did not make. unable to access version history. Is there a human being that can help me? Instead of going around in circles on suggested issues on...
  4. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  5. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  6. Is the email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** legit?: I received a survey for windows from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** .I want to know if it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-email-from-legit/bc7213a0-4592-4c67-8cdf-110d1d34e724
  7. Ransomware from email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

Ransomware from email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***": Has anyone seen emails from this address? Saying they hacked my hotmail and have been tracking my usage? Installed a trojan virus on my driver that can't be detected by anitvirus software. Wants bitcoin payment to delete the virus....
  8. Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "

Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ": Hi,I received a mail from the abovementioned address with no subject. I am quoting the message below." 1 You can meet with anyone in a 1:1 call and speak up to 24 hours for free. For a group call more than two people, you can meet with up to 100 participants and...
  9. email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi, I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and wanted to know if this is a legitimate microsoft email. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-from/ac0e0d24-3bdd-473a-948f-77c75c7984c4
  10. Remove email address from Windows

Remove email address from Windows: Hello I am under Windows 10 V. 1903. I am on a local account, in this case the Administrator account and I connected once (unfortunately) with my outlook.com email on the Windows store. Since this blunder, my Outlook address appears associated with the Administrator account...