Windows 10: Remove email from Search results

Discus and support Remove email from Search results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results? Can't find a way to stop them from coming up. Many thanks 46162 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by t8769, Apr 3, 2016.

1. t8769 Win User

Remove email from Search results

Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results?

Can't find a way to stop them from coming up.

Many thanks

:)

t8769, Apr 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 mail -search not working

When searching my inbox windows 10's mail app doesn't search the from field in emails, for instance my most recent email is from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, searching "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" or even "vax.co.uk" yields zero results, however searching "vax" does but only because it
    appears withing the email body and misses emails where it is only in the header

***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category***

HectorHaddow, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Why does the search feature in my Mail app not return any results?

I have email setup in the Mail app, and it's syncing and receiving mails correctly. However, when I enter a term in the search bar, it *always* comes back with no results ("didn't find anything" message).

1. I'm searching "all folders" (but just searching "Inbox" has the same effect)

2. Entering a word from a sender name - no results

3. Entering a word from an email title - no results

4. Entering a word from an email body - no results

- in each case, I'm choosing words I can clearly see in emails I've received recently so they should all return results.

Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks!

little miss confused, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

I don't think you can , your only option is to disable it altogether.

Wullail, Apr 3, 2016
  5. t8769 Win User
    Ahhh pity..

What do you mean disable... do you mean uninstall Thunderbird?

Thanks

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You could try going to Control Panel/Indexing Options and selecting Modify, and see if you can unselect Thunderbird(if it's there or you can tree down to it).

Remove email from Search results [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  7. t8769 Win User
    Thanks for the information - much appreciated.

I can't find Thunderbird, will try to see if I can find where the folder is.

Thanks

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You're welcome.
    It's the only thing I could think of that has to do with search on Windows, that might help, as I don't see an option for email under Cortana's "Notebook".

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  9. t8769 Win User
    Yes, I'll see if I can find an answer to this problem.

BTW

Do you know why I can't search for Word files in Win10.
    I have to put a full stop after a file name for it to be found.

So file1 is not found but file1. is found.

Is this because I'm using Office 2003?

Thanks

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I don't really know*Sad
    Maybe someone else.
    Have you tried the Document icon in the search header?

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  11. t8769 Win User
    Hi, yes you are right.

But its easier to put a .

Such a waste of time when I have to work, I search for so many documents and in Win7 this is so quick and simple and easy.

Is this problem the same with Office 2015?

Its so annoying.

thank you

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I really don't use Office that much(I just got it, I used to use LibreOffice).
    Let me ask one of the other members I know to take a look at this thread, maybe she can help.
    It might take a bit though(you know time zones*Smile).

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2016
  13. t8769 Win User

Thanks

I'm not sure if its because I use Office 2003, it seems to be OK with Win10, or if this is just Microsoft's way of making some things worse when the release a new upgrade.

The strangest things is this -

Some Word files are fine, they come up , some Word files don't, some Notebook files do not come up in the search.
    No logic

t8769, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove email from Search results - Similar Threads - Remove email Search

2. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  3. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  4. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Cortana
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  7. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Cortana
  8. Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove select "Best Matches" from search bar results.: I use SourceTree a lot and when I type "sour" into search, I get two results, SourceTree and ODBC Data Sources and it places the not-SourceTree one on top. I have mistakenly hit enter and opened the not-SourceTree thing a few times and so now I must type "sourcet" and hit...
  9. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  10. Dragging and Dropping from the search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging and Dropping from the search results: For example, I searched for fw18 here. I try to drag the file fw18.doc from the search results onto say my desktop, but it's not possible. It was always possible in Windows 7 but why not windows 10? Now I have to right click, open file location, then drag and drop to where I...