Windows 10: Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

Discus and support Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had installed Thunderbird and added it to my startup items, but it wasn't working out. I now have an empty icon in the Task Manager and would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g41851, Dec 3, 2018.

1. g41851 Win User

Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

I had installed Thunderbird and added it to my startup items, but it wasn't working out.

I now have an empty icon in the Task Manager and would like to remove it. Would anyone know how please?

Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager? [​IMG]

:)

g41851, Dec 3, 2018
  2. tiku Win User

Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

Hello !
    When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path:
    But on windows 10 there's no a such path.

( I don't want to disable , but to completely remove from Task Manager - Startup )

How can I do it?

Thank you !

tiku, Dec 3, 2018
  3. satchmo Win User
    Remove Items in Startup

It's easy to disable items in the Startup tab of the Task Manager, but how do I remove the item from the list altogether?

I would like to remove SWFTP and the Realtek audio manager from the list.

I already searched everywhere in the forum. I have done it in the past, through the registry editor. But when I navigate to the key location, I don't even see those items within the registry.

satchmo, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

Win 10 Task Manager - Startup list - numbers next to items

Oh, that's interesting! I never in a billion times ten years guessed it meant that!

This is what I see in my TM startup list:

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager?

1. Remove empty icon from Startup Items in Task Manager? - Similar Threads - Remove empty icon

2. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  3. There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 News
    There are no startup items to display; Startup items not appearing in Task Manager: [ATTACH]If Startup apps are not appearing in the Task Manager & you see a message There are no startup items to display then this post is sure to help you. This issue can occur if the Startup folder or the Common Startup folder, which are Windows OS folders, have got...
  4. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  5. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  6. Empty Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  7. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611
  8. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  9. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  10. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...