Windows 10: Remove Family Features From Pro OS!

Discus and support Remove Family Features From Pro OS! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 7 Pro was a very stable professional operating system because it was simple. Windows 10 Pro is a family OS, full of games & settings for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KozmicKozi, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Remove Family Features From Pro OS!

Windows 7 Pro was a very stable professional operating system because it was simple.

Windows 10 Pro is a family OS, full of games & settings for family users... it is NOT professional, at all!

I run a small business - DOWNgraded to Windows 10 "pro" from Win7 PRO & I no longer have control over the programs that are available to users. I have very little control because Microsoft changes the names of the features/apps and/or settings at random; resetting all Admin control. I can't even Uninstall the unused phone apps!

I was wondering if anyone else feels this way OR have you found a way around the Microsoft GRIP over the phone apps they put on a professional OS?

What happened to programs for PC & apps for phones anyway?

Who owns this PC & should have the final say on what is installed??

When will Microsoft respect the User again; as with Windows 7 Pro - the BEST & MOST STABLE OS EVER CREATED?!?

Any thoughts? Ideas?

[Other than switch to Linux? LOL]

:)

KozmicKozi, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Remove Family Features

Hello
    ChumpRB,

We'd like to know if you account is tagged as an adult? To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Remove Family Features From Pro OS!

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Remove Family Features From Pro OS!

1. Remove Family Features From Pro OS! - Similar Threads - Remove Family Features

2. removing family features from my device or laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing family features from my device or laptop: Every time you try to watch a movie there is the popup of family features I have tried everything and nothing works can someone please help?...
  3. removing family features from my device or laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing family features from my device or laptop: Every time you try to watch a movie there is the popup of family features I have tried everything and nothing works can someone please help?...
  4. Is there a way to remove microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to remove microsoft family features?: I try to remove this family feature that keeps popping up. Thing is, I'm one of the 'kids' in the family although I'm not a kid. So... I'm kinda having problems with that......
  5. Is there a way to remove microsoft family features?

Is there a way to remove microsoft family features?: I try to remove this family feature that keeps popping up. Thing is, I'm one of the 'kids' in the family although I'm not a kid. So... I'm kinda having problems with that......
  6. Remove family safety features?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove family safety features?: A while ago my dad set up microsoft family safety features for my account. Cool didn't really matter back then. But now I just finished building a pc and installing windows and I can't access the web because of this. Is there a way to completely remove this account from that...
  7. Family features appearing after I was removed from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family features appearing after I was removed from the family: I was removed from my Microsoft family so I could play Quake 3 on the Xbox app, however whenever I try to play the game it tells me to ask an adult in the family even though I was removed from the family. Does the change take a couple of days to set in? I have already...
  8. Family features appearing after I was removed from the family

Family features appearing after I was removed from the family: I was removed from my Microsoft family so I could play Quake 3 on the Xbox app, however whenever I try to play the game it tells me to ask an adult in the family even though I was removed from the family. Does the change take a couple of days to set in? I have already...
  9. Remove Microsoft family features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Microsoft family features: Hi, For some reason I’ve just recently had an issue that when i try and open Word or Excel, im advised i need to ask an adult in my family if i can use the program. I am the adult and have never had this pop up before. Ive tried removing the children from the family group...
  10. Remove Family Safety Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Family Safety Features: I want to completely remove the family safety features on my daughter's account. They consistently work incorrectly and right now she is locked out of her computer entirely despite me repeatedly approving more time for her. How do I remove the family safety features...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features blocking chrome