Windows 10: remove family permission

Discus and support remove family permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi I recently got and set up my new laptop. I stated my age 38 and all was fine, but now on my account Im a child and I need authorization (using an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joannecastledine, Aug 27, 2019.

1. remove family permission

hi

I recently got and set up my new laptop. I stated my age 38 and all was fine, but now on my account Im a child and I need authorization (using an email I don't even know) can someone help me please? I think I need to reset my Microsoft account but I really don't know how to

Thank you

Jo

:)

joannecastledine, Aug 27, 2019

2. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Remove myself from the Family safety

Hello Billy,

I understand that you are trying to remove yourself from the Family safety settings in Windows. We will help you.

Note: You cannot remove yourself from a family if you are the only adult and there are still child accounts still in the family.
    If you want to remove yourself, you'll need to add another adult first, or remove all the child accounts first.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows.

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 27, 2019
  4. remove family permission

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

remove family permission

1. remove family permission - Similar Threads - remove family permission

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  4. How do i remove the ask for permission family feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the ask for permission family feature?: My account is 13+ and its asked me all of the time to ask for permission.Then what happens is it just gives me an error if i ask by emailCan you help me?...
  5. How do i remove the ask for permission family feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove the ask for permission family feature?: My account is 13+ and its asked me all of the time to ask for permission.Then what happens is it just gives me an error if i ask by emailCan you help me?...
  6. Removing Permissions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Permissions.: So basically when I was signing in to Office 365 for school I accidentally enabled let organization manage device. Can someone help me disable that? I don't like having school restrictions on my personal computer....
  7. Microsoft Family Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Permissions: My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access certain apps such as Photos or Store I get asked to email an Adult and when I do that I get the error below. How can I reset...
  8. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  9. Microsoft Family & permission

Microsoft Family & permission: Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what. In details: 1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both...
  10. family permissions problem

family permissions problem: Windows 10, Minecraft. ALWAYS wants to ask for permissions, profile says "always allow" but keeps asking for permissions. Have never been able to let my kid play. ANYBODY got an idea how to get this to work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome turn off permission email

2. remove permission for microsoft family

3. request adult google chrome