Windows 10: Remove family safety features?

Discus and support Remove family safety features? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A while ago my dad set up microsoft family safety features for my account. Cool didn't really matter back then. But now I just finished building a pc... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NoahLewis6, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Remove family safety features?

A while ago my dad set up microsoft family safety features for my account. Cool didn't really matter back then. But now I just finished building a pc and installing windows and I can't access the web because of this. Is there a way to completely remove this account from that so it is an Independent account. I have access to both accounts.* Moved from Internet Explorer/IE10/Win7

:)

NoahLewis6, Apr 3, 2022

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Remove Family Safety Features

I want to completely remove the family safety features on my daughter's account. They consistently work incorrectly and right now she is locked out of her computer entirely despite me repeatedly approving more time for her.

How do I remove the family safety features entirely and completely so she can use her computer and account without restriction?

ChrisWarton, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Remove family safety features?

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Remove family safety features?

1. Remove family safety features? - Similar Threads - Remove family safety

2. Family Safety Removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  3. Family Safety Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  4. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  5. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  6. remove family safety

remove family safety: I had this nightmare years ago an I never wanted this Family Safety! I have no family! Jut this nightmare. now, years later I get a new laptop and its back!!!! The instructions will NOT work!!! I can remove myself or anyone. This is a nightmare! Must I get rid of all my...
  7. Family Safety Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Features: I was removed from my family group on Microsoft. When I am managing my account and click family it says it is just me. There is no indication Iam a part of the family anymore. Although, when I try to go to websites to download mods for some games it is still asking me to ask...
  8. Family Safety Features

Family Safety Features: I was removed from my family group on Microsoft. When I am managing my account and click family it says it is just me. There is no indication Iam a part of the family anymore. Although, when I try to go to websites to download mods for some games it is still asking me to ask...
  9. Family Safety remove

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety remove: Use Services to Remove most of app Restrictions and Lockdown. Web, I dont know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-remove/338a7448-0006-43e7-8c9c-b48cb61753b2
  10. Remove Family Safety Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Family Safety Features: I want to completely remove the family safety features on my daughter's account. They consistently work incorrectly and right now she is locked out of her computer entirely despite me repeatedly approving more time for her. How do I remove the family safety features...