Windows 10: Remove Family Safety Please!!

Discus and support Remove Family Safety Please!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As YouTuber and potential Twitch streamer, family safety is getting in my way every time, when I record, a notification pops up and says "You have 15... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OJyt, Sep 16, 2020.

1. OJyt Win User

Remove Family Safety Please!!

As YouTuber and potential Twitch streamer, family safety is getting in my way every time, when I record, a notification pops up and says "You have 15 minutes left of Google Chrome" and it messes up my whole video. I also don't have any time to edit my vids. I feel like Family Safety is not to keep Children Accounts safe, but to limit their course of happiness on their own devices. Many teens like me would also agree with me. If only Microsoft would actuallylisten to their customers. And as a middle schooler that uses online school, I have to use different sites to complete my homework, and it's really annoying.

:)

2. Remove myself from the Family safety

Hello Billy,

I understand that you are trying to remove yourself from the Family safety settings in Windows. We will help you.

Note: You cannot remove yourself from a family if you are the only adult and there are still child accounts still in the family.
    If you want to remove yourself, you'll need to add another adult first, or remove all the child accounts first.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows.

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Remove Family Safety Please!!

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Remove Family Safety Please!!

1. Remove Family Safety Please!! - Similar Threads - Remove Family Safety

2. Family Safety Removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  3. Family Safety Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  4. Family Safety Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  6. remove family safety

remove family safety: I had this nightmare years ago an I never wanted this Family Safety! I have no family! Jut this nightmare. now, years later I get a new laptop and its back!!!! The instructions will NOT work!!! I can remove myself or anyone. This is a nightmare! Must I get rid of all my...
  7. remove family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove family safety: I had this nightmare years ago an I never wanted this Family Safety! I have no family! Jut this nightmare. now, years later I get a new laptop and its back!!!! The instructions will NOT work!!! I can remove myself or anyone. This is a nightmare! Must I get rid of all my...
  8. How to remove family safety.

How to remove family safety.: Hello there. I have turned on my computer this evening to find that I cannot access google Chrome, and to do so I have to ask a parent’s permission. This is the first time this has happened, and I am an adult, who is the administrator for my computer and the only person on my...
  9. Remove family safety features?

Remove family safety features?: A while ago my dad set up microsoft family safety features for my account. Cool didn't really matter back then. But now I just finished building a pc and installing windows and I can't access the web because of this. Is there a way to completely remove this account from that...
  10. Family Safety remove

Family Safety remove: Use Services to Remove most of app Restrictions and Lockdown. Web, I dont know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-remove/338a7448-0006-43e7-8c9c-b48cb61753b2