Windows 10: Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

Discus and support Remove file explorer search box from taskbar. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, just cleaned up my keyboard like 10 minutes ago and forgot to unplug my keyboard because I am a very smart person. Long story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mocki7, Jan 11, 2020.

1. /u/Mocki7 Win User

Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

Remove file explorer search box from taskbar. Hhq9aBByp9CpsFEom-wcA23oy8YuGuMB4fz2GwdVg8k.jpg

Hey guys, just cleaned up my keyboard like 10 minutes ago and forgot to unplug my keyboard because I am a very smart person. Long story short, I pressed all kinds of keys while cleaning.
    Now I got the search bar that also exists in the file explorer on my taskbar and I do wish to remove it. Tried the taskbar settings but couldn't find anything to toggle it off.

https://preview.redd.it/qbrqhjpho8a...bp&s=2463768fea688786f2198bdd6435262e0866f66f

submitted by /u/Mocki7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mocki7, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jan 11, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

No search box on taskbar Remove file explorer search box from taskbar. :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

1. Remove file explorer search box from taskbar. - Similar Threads - Remove file explorer

2. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  3. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  4. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  5. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  6. File Explorer search box not accessible

File Explorer search box not accessible: I've recently installed Windows 11, and I have an issue with the search function of the File Explorer: I can't put my cursor in the Search field if I launch the File Explorer through the default 'File Explorer' shortcut.I found the following workaround: I open the 'old'...
  7. Bug in File Explorer's search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug in File Explorer's search box: I just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, wiping the SSD because it was crashing with BSODs and other errors; I was in the 20h2 build, now I'm in the stable 2004 (19041.508). In the new install, as always, I set the search in the File Explorer to "automatically type into...
  8. File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    File Explorer search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwritten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  9. File Explorer Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwitten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  10. How to completely remove the search box/ search function from File Explorer.

in Cortana
    How to completely remove the search box/ search function from File Explorer.: Hi all, How can I completely remove the search box/field and search function from File Explorer in Windows 10 64-Bit? In Windows 7, the option to disable Windows search in Programs and Features did the job but this is no longer available in Windows 10. Disabling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removfe search bar file explorer

2. how to remove search field beside file explorer in windows

3. remove search box in file explorer

4. taskbar reduce search box size,
  5. file explorer remove search bar,
  6. remove search bar from taskbar 1909