Windows 10: Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it.

Discus and support Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It's been five months, and FF is getting pretty raggedy. It's not just a quick project, either. I use a useChrome.css file, a lot of about:config... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghot, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it.

It's been five months, and FF is getting pretty raggedy. It's not just a quick project, either.

I use a useChrome.css file, a lot of about:config tweaks, and then a lot of settings, under Options. That's above and beyond all the "customize" things.

It's not easy to get FF to look like this... v80.0.1

Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it. [​IMG]

But this is a project for later this afternoon. All the things I've been doing with Win 10, has left FF pretty beat up. *Smile

:)

2. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 11, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

firefox issues after microsoft 10 upgrade

Hi Steve,

If you're having issues with Firefox after updating your operating system, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the program. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since the information is
    stored in a different location. To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps:

• Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox by visiting their official website and save the setup file to your computer.
    • Completely remove the application from the system by accessing Programs and Features through control panel then select Firefox and uninstall the program.
    • Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
    • Proceed with the installation. Double-click the downloaded setup file and go through the steps of the installation wizard. Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the finish button.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove Firefox completely, and then reinstall it. - Similar Threads - Remove Firefox completely

2. Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

in Browsers and Email
    Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement": I run FF 86.0.1 (Windows 10), as a windows, rather than full screen. Occasionally, a link I click on at some site generates a smaller windows saying... "We're having trouble reaching that site". This new windows is smaller than the FF windows I run, and seems to be centered...
  3. completely removing onedrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    completely removing onedrive: Hi. I'm want to use bash to create a folder in my desktop. I type: cd desktop mkdir newfolder and the newfolder is created in c:/users/myname/desktop but the folder isn't in my actual desktop as this is in onedrive. I know this because if I create a new folder in my...
  4. How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?: I'm trying to uninstall a driver for Android called ADB Interface (winusb.inf). It's not compatible with my phone so I tried to install a driver compatible my phone but Windows wouldn't let me because according to it the currently installed driver is already updated. I tried...
  5. Removing an account completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an account completely: So I have been using my mother's windows 10 laptop and I signed in to YouTube, Mail, and the whole device with my personal email account. I am returning the laptop to her now but I couldn't remove my account from the device, I want to remove it completely like just wipe it...
  6. Firefox unable to complete re-install....

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox unable to complete re-install....: Having had problems earlier with Firefox my default browser decided to remove and re-install, however the new download is unable to complete saying try again. This sounds as though it hasn't uninstalled properly to begin with so any ideas how to resolve this ? Thanks...
  7. Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall: I have tried seemingly everything bar reinstalling Windows 10 to try to get Firefox to work again. I've moved my profile to an external HDD, and deleted everywhere I know that Firefox is located: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (OR) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox...
  8. Completely Remove Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Completely Remove Chrome: Running 15063.11/1703, recently installed. Noticed in registry there is a Google Chrome key in both HKCU and HKLM. Chrome was my default browser but uninstalled prior to installation of 1703. (Fast Ring upgrade, not clean install) When I try to delete the Chrome key get...
  9. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...
  10. Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. If you like, you can add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu to customize the toolbar how you...