Windows 10: Remove Firefox from default apps

Discus and support Remove Firefox from default apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using FirefoxPortable and uninstalled Firefox, but both are showing in Default Apps, how to I remove Firefox? 160131 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdwray, Jul 7, 2020.

1. rdwray Win User

Remove Firefox from default apps

I am using FirefoxPortable and uninstalled Firefox, but both are showing in Default Apps, how to I remove Firefox?

:)

rdwray, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

Removing duplicate app entries from the default files list

Hi Roger,

There's a possibility that Firefox isn't uninstalled completely on your computer. We suggest that you uninstall it in the
    Settings app by following these steps:

• On Start, select that cog icon or Settings.
    • Go to Apps and select the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Select Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.

This will completely remove Firefox from your system and from the Default Apps list. You can also check and save this article that in case you need a guide to

repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

If you found our suggestion helpful, kindly mark this post as answer so we can help other Community members that have the same question.

Jaune Bel, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Removing duplicate app entries from the default files list

I removed a program (Firefox) from my system, but when I go to Default Apps and click on the default (now Chrome) browser, Firefox remains in the options list even though I just uninstalled it. I uninstalled Firefox because I was getting multiple entries
    for it in the Default Apps list, and intended to remove the remaining duplicate entry. How do I do that?

RogerBlair1, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Remove Firefox from default apps

How can I prevent my default brower from being reset to Edge from FireFox?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Firefox as default browser and check if it helps.

• Go to “Settings” and click on “System”.
    • Under the “Default apps” tab, click on “Set defaults by app”.
    • Locate for “Mozilla Firefox” click on it.
    • Then click on “Choose defaults for this program” and check all the
      boxes.
    • Click on “Save” and then “OK”.
    • Then reboot the computer and check settings has been reset or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Remove Firefox from default apps

1. Remove Firefox from default apps - Similar Threads - Remove Firefox default

2. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  3. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip: I don't know what happened, I believe I clicked the Reset button in Settings, but now FireFox is linked as default program to zip files. I tried everything I could find on the Internet, like going to Settings and click the Reset button but that's how it happened in the first...
  4. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip: I don't know what happened, I believe I clicked the Reset button in Settings, but now FireFox is linked as default program to zip files. I tried everything I could find on the Internet, like going to Settings and click the Reset button but that's how it happened in the first...
  5. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

6. remove default app

remove default app: How do I set there to be no default web browser program? I like to choose every time, but today I accidentally clicked Firefox when the "make this the default app" box was ticked. 161018
  7. remove TWINUI from default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove TWINUI from default apps: I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin. I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in default apps. I can still open files I wish after "opening with" which is a nuisance, I still want to remove TWINUI as it...
  8. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100
  9. Firefox not showing up in default apps

Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums
  10. Remove default Apps from Windows 10

Remove default Apps from Windows 10: This will help you get rid of some unwanted apps coming with windows 10: Remove default Apps from Windows 10 See also: Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums 15036