Windows 10: Remove Firefox Search Bar

Discus and support Remove Firefox Search Bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Antilope, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Antilope Win User

Remove Firefox Search Bar

I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons.
    I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google.

To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can bring it back),

-Click on the upper right menu icon (three lines).
    -Click CUSTOMIZE
    -Left Click, Hold and Drag the Firefox Search Bar down to the Additional Tools and Features area. It will be saved there in case you want to bring it back.
    -Click EXIT CUSTOMIZE.

The Firefox Search Bar is now gone and the space can be used to add additional ADD-ONS Icons.

If you want the Firefox Search Bar back, just drag it back to the original place after clicking CUSTOMIZE.

:)

Antilope, Dec 13, 2015

2. Bing in windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Hi,

Change Search Engine

If still experiencing issues with the browser, contact
    Firefox Support

Smittychat., Dec 13, 2015
  3. PDQpat Win User
    Creators Update ruined my fonts

Winaero Tweaker didn't enlarged text in either Title bar or menus. It changed the color of the title bar to blue but even Windows personalization does that - and better. I'm wondering if there's a left-over font setting that's making these two items smaller.

Too small:

All title bars

File Explorer menu bar

Firefox menu bar, tabs

Firefox icons/arrows dropdown lists

Notetab menubar

Normal text:

Firefox URL box

Firefox search box (but not "suggestions")

Thunderbird menu bar, tabs

Notetab tabs

PDQpat, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Remove Firefox Search Bar

If you're interested in saving screen real estate, and extra toolbar line doesn't do that.

I drag the search bar to the toolbar menu at the top, to the right of "Help".

And ... I still cannot figure out how to get rid of that awful Bing search engine.
    I remove it as an option in firefox, change my default to Google,
    and Bing comes bouncing back when firefox is restarted.

I no longer consider this to be a Windows 10 issue ... it's a firefox issue.

Anyone know how to stop this behaviour?

dickdunbar, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Resolved ... Windows 10 Build 10586.36
    firefox 43.04 chrome 47.0.2526.106

Determined to find out how Bing was being restored in firefox,
    I used sysinternals "procmon" to trace firefox startup. Nothing Bing related showed up.

After weeks of searching, I am now embarrassed to report:
    - Firefox plugin ( "Bing Search") and Chrome extension ("MSN Home Page and Bing Search") were causing this.
    - Remove these and reset the advanced search settings:
    * Remove Bing & Friends as search engines
    * Restore Google as default search
    - Test search is now using Google
    - Restart the browser.

I am not concerned with Internet Explorer or Edge browsers because I never use them
    ( call me old fashioned, I don't like being pushed around ).

If I need Active X functionality on a site, I use firefox/chrome AddOn "Fire IE" or "IE Tab"
    to render the site on firefox/chrome using the IE engine.

I already purchased a late model Macbook Pro laptop to start my migration,
    but it involves exploring multiple ways I can keep my Windows purchased software
    running fast on OSX. It's a lot of work, but I am completely discouraged that Windows
    will ever restore stability, safety and speed to my work environment.

Bye

dickdunbar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove Firefox Search Bar

1. Remove Firefox Search Bar - Similar Threads - Remove Firefox Search

2. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9
  3. How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Firefox View button from Firefox title bar. Firefox View is a new feature of the Firefox browser that lets you sync browsed content across various devices using the same Firefox account. It is represented by a pinned tab that stays at...
  4. How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox title bar on a Windows 11/10 computer. When you open multiple tabs in the Firefox browser, the width of the tabs reduces to a certain extent to fit the maximum possible tabs in the title bar. This makes...
  5. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. Remove the Windows 10 Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove the Windows 10 Search Bar: I'm looking to remove the Windows 10 search bar from the taskbar to clean it up. Is this possible? thx, submitted by /u/Scorge120 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1e98y/remove_the_windows_10_search_bar/
  7. Can't remove malware search bar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't remove malware search bar: I've uploaded an attachment of a picture of the bad app. I can't seem to remove it by standard uninstallation procedures. 140100
  8. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  9. Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox [img] Information The title bar is at the top of Firefox. It includes the Firefox icon in the top left corner, and the full title of the currently opened tab. The title bar is not added by default in Firefox since it does take...
  10. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar. If you prefer separate...