Windows 10: Remove folder with 'special access' permissions

Discus and support Remove folder with 'special access' permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't seem to remove a folder that all users, even CREATOR OWNER has special permissions to. I won't allow me to edit the permissions. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by designfreak, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Remove folder with 'special access' permissions

I can't seem to remove a folder that all users, even CREATOR OWNER has special permissions to. I won't allow me to edit the permissions.

Please advise, thanks.

Remove folder with 'special access' permissions 2847d243-703a-4719-9b68-221aeeca1aab?upload=true.png

:)

designfreak, Jan 4, 2019

2. Folder Permissions Remove System

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

Please be informed that you cannot remove the system entry, However you can add/remove permission for a particular user.

The Group or user name section lists all the accounts on the computer. If you want to prevent a user to accessing the folder, you may deny/remove all permission for that particular user.

The system account and the administrator account (Administrators group) have the same file privileges, but they have different functions. The system account is used by the operating system and by services that run under Windows.

I suggest you not to remove permissions for SYSTEM entry.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 4, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    how an administrator can give permission to access folders

Hi John,

To provide user/s an access to folders, see the steps below on how to do so:

• Right-click on the folder > Security.
    • Under the Group or user names option, click on the username that you want to have an access to the folder; then, click on Edit.
    • It will show you the page of permissions which you can allow or deny.
    • Choose your desired permissions and click on OK.

Let us know what happens after following the steps given.

John Sarc, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Remove folder with 'special access' permissions

Windows reports "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Does this happen only with a specific folder/file location?

This problem results when an administrator, the owner of the file or folder, or a user with the Change Permissions permission for a file or Full Control permission for a folder, changes the access control list (ACL) on the file or folder. Some of the
    changes that could deny a user access to a file or folder they should be able to access include:

• The user or group was unintentionally removed from Group or User names on the file's or folder's Security tab.

• An explicit Deny has mistakenly been applied to the user or group.

• A conflict between share permissions and NTFS permissions was created when someone changes permissions without examining both types of permissions.

Method 1:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

a) Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.

b) Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.

c) Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.

d) Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.

e) Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
    ‘Full control’ and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

(Try the steps for Windows 8 as it is applicable to Windows 10 as well.)

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Remove folder with 'special access' permissions

1. Remove folder with 'special access' permissions - Similar Threads - Remove folder 'special

2. How to remove an Unknown Account that has Special permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an Unknown Account that has Special permissions: I really hope this can be fixed because it's stressful knowing there is someone who has full access to my computer and I'm unable to remove them due to it, despite being an administrator whenever I try to it says 'Access Denied' so I'm unsure on how to remove them, for the...
  3. How to remove an Unknown Account that has Special permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an Unknown Account that has Special permissions: I really hope this can be fixed because it's stressful knowing there is someone who has full access to my computer and I'm unable to remove them due to it, despite being an administrator whenever I try to it says 'Access Denied' so I'm unsure on how to remove them, for the...
  4. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  5. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  6. Special permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Special permission: I never had problems with my computer before. But this past weekend I did have a problem, I started up my computer and when I did I got a popup. [ATTACH] Here it is. And I tried to fix it by looking it up and just looking through threads about this happing to other people...
  7. Folder permission Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permission Access: Hello, I was wondering if someone else is experience what I am getting. I have Windows 10. Also I am using Avira as my antivirus (Defender is disabled because of Avira - automatic thing). So the issue is that randomly a folder is being locked for me. I am with...
  8. Permissions to access C: Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permissions to access C: Folder: I deleted all access rights to my C: Folder. Bad mistake. How do I get back to default access rights. Access to C: folder is denied. Going to Properties>Security requires read access to reach Edit, which I do not have. If I select Advanced it is unable to display current...
  9. Security Permissions - Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Permissions - Folder Access: Hi, How can i exclude myself from a user group, and block all other users in that group for access to a particular folder? I can't seem to find a solution. [IMG] As you can see, i am a student and would like to deny all other students access to that folder. Is there a way...
  10. Permissions to access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access folders: Hi, I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera) which I am denied access to. I have logged on as Administrator (I am the Administrator) and followed all the instructions to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. special permission remove folder

2. special access permission shared folder

3. windows everyone:(deny)(special access:)