Windows 10: Remove folders from OneDrive

Discus and support Remove folders from OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

Remove folders from OneDrive

Windows 10 - Latest version.
    I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I must have misunderstood.
    For various reasons I want to stop using OneDrive for most folders. How can I ensure all the files on the OneDrive folder are also on my PC before I delete the on-line folder, and once I do so, ensure I don't also loose the local folder as well.
    Thanks.

:)

Sigurd, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

Mine doesn't have that.

Remove folders from OneDrive [​IMG]

drfsupercenter, Jul 17, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

Expand down into Microsoft, One Drive is still listed as SkyDrive, there are 2 tasks there.

Remove folders from OneDrive [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Remove folders from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Remove folders OneDrive

2. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  3. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  4. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer: I removed it by the programs and features in control panel accidently. Is there a way to put it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-removed-onedrive-folder-from-file/88add16d-2742-427a-83c5-39404e77408b
  6. Removal of OneDrive folder from PC

Removal of OneDrive folder from PC: Since I no longer needed OneDrive on one of my Windows PCs I "uninstalled" OneDrive. I would now like to delete the OneDrive user folder from the C: drive on that PC - it's contents appear to be corrupted so it is impossible to just delete the folder. Is there any way to...
  7. Can't remove OneDrive folder from Windows Explorer.

Can't remove OneDrive folder from Windows Explorer.: I no longer work for an employer so I don't have access to the OneDrive. I tried unlinking it from my PC so now I don't even see it in the OneDrive app, but its still in my Windows Explorer. I deleted all the files and folders within that folder, but the parent folder still...
  8. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  9. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?: Alright guys, I actually do use OneDrive, and I am not trying to remove the app entirely. However, it seems like if I remove the OneDrive folder from my libraries (music, pictures, documents), next boot they show right back up. This is incredibly annoying as I actually...
  10. Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive: How to: Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive How to Add or Remove Shared Folders from Your OneDrive [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile...