Windows 10: Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

Discus and support Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, all! I'm trying to remove folders from appearing in my Quick access toolbar in Windows Explorer, as the network drive the folders were in have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joe_182, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

Hey, all! I'm trying to remove folders from appearing in my Quick access toolbar in Windows Explorer, as the network drive the folders were in have moved, and those destinations are no longer valid. Whenever I right-click to remove a folder, the system ends up clocking and I have to end up killing the file explorer process. As I don't have admin rights at work, I don't believe executing any command prompts will work. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Joe_182
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joe_182, Nov 1, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

1. Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved - Similar Threads - Remove folders Quick

2. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  3. Remove folders from network folder with removing access.

Remove folders from network folder with removing access.: I shared individual folders on our network, then decided to share the entire drive. Now in the Network folder shows all the individual folders I originally shared and the drives. All the folders except c & d in the photo are sub-folders of the drives. How do I remove the...
  4. Folders keep getting removed from quick access by itself.

Folders keep getting removed from quick access by itself.: Every 2 days or so, folders get removed from the quick access on the left by itself. I keep having to put them there again, but it is super annoying. Pretty new PC with no viruses or anything. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?

How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?: Hello peeps, About 2 years ago I wanted to mount the USB drive at the back of my EE Smarthub Broadband Modem as a network drive so I could access files properly, easily. I forget how I did this! I have concerns that this item is the cause of Windows Explorer and the File...
  6. Quick Access on one drive folder

Quick Access on one drive folder: Hi there. I just got a new laptop with windows 10, and noticed that almost all of the "quick access" folders are located inside the one drive. In my old desktop, I had it setup so that I could save something in, for instance, the "documents" folder local, and only if more...
  7. Quick Access folder removed

Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  8. Google Drive Folder Disappears from Quick Access

Google Drive Folder Disappears from Quick Access: Upon installation of Google Backup and Sync, the root Google Drive folder is automatically added to the Quick Access list. However, after a period of a few hours to a few days, the shortcut disappears from Quick Access. It can be manually re-added but always disappears...
  9. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  10. Quick Access for Network Drives

Quick Access for Network Drives: I am having problem adding folders from a network drive to the Quick Access. Firstly I can only drag and drop into the QA in explorer, as right clicking option doesn't work and it only allows one folder at a time to be included. Local folders are not a problem and any number...