Windows 10: Remove folders fromOneDrive

Discus and support Remove folders fromOneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

Remove folders fromOneDrive

Windows 10 - Latest version.
    I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I must have misunderstood.
    For various reasons I want to stop using OneDrive for most folders. How can I ensure all the files on the OneDrive folder are also on my PC before I delete the on-line folder, and once I do so, ensure I don't also loose the local folder as well.
    Thanks.

:)

Sigurd, Jul 17, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Remove folders fromOneDrive

Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Remove folders fromOneDrive

1. Remove folders fromOneDrive - Similar Threads - Remove folders fromOneDrive

2. Remove CMAK Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CMAK Folder: A CMAK folder was placed in my Program Filesx86 folder on 27 OCT 2022. Prior to that day I have never had it on the system. It is taking up approx. 225GB of space on my HDD. Is it possible for me to remove this folder? I have never had a need, nor will I have a need for its...
  3. Remove folders from network folder with removing access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove folders from network folder with removing access.: I shared individual folders on our network, then decided to share the entire drive. Now in the Network folder shows all the individual folders I originally shared and the drives. All the folders except c & d in the photo are sub-folders of the drives. How do I remove the...
  4. Removing folder

Removing folder: Hi ,How can I remove this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-folder/81d71af2-3373-4f8f-884b-cfca403eea86
  5. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  6. Removal of unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of unwanted folders: Removal of unwanted folders One of my setups has recently fallen victim to some misbehaving software that had undesirable contents installed on the D drive which is used for personal data. "Apps and features" was able to remove these, but attempts to delete the folders left...
  7. Network Folders and Removal

Network Folders and Removal: Under "Network" in Explorer LH pane, I see the name of my computer and folder icons with a wee green symbol on the bottom. Some are no longer valid but how can I remove them? There is no Delete option with r-click. Thanks. 138529
  8. remove folder that is not showing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    remove folder that is not showing: everytime i install something the program will ask where to install to an existing folder this is part of installshield. i see a folder named «????:????» well there is no folder named this on the C drive. I can not locate where it is. I have tried the registry and a search...
  9. Cannot remove a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove a folder: Hello, Recently I had some remote assistance to my computer, after all finished, I found in the program files directory a folder named "CMAK". I am trying to remove it but nothing works, not even in command prompt as admin. Each time I touch it, in the task manager...
  10. Is it safe to remove these folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove these folders?: I have my Documents, Contacts, Downloads, Pictures, Music and Videos folders located on my HDD (E:/), but I still show the same folders on C: drive but they're all empty. Is it safe to delete these folders since they're located & pointed to on the E: drive? [img]...