Windows 10: Remove from context menu

Discus and support Remove from context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tcebob, Apr 3, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Remove from context menu

Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for?

Remove from context menu [​IMG]

:)

tcebob, Apr 3, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Quick Access Crashes Explorer

I was having the same problem for few days. Later I discovered that it was happening due to context menu integration of Format Factory. I removed "add to system context menu" from FF and that solved the problem. I think some (but Not ALL) third party applications
    that adds option to the context menu are causing this problem.

Note: To remove from context menu I had to run FF with administration privilege .

Khuerustom, Apr 3, 2018
  4. Remove from context menu

Caledon Ken, Apr 3, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    In that tool (Shellexview aka shexview.exe) you can highlight the item you wish to disable, right-click, then pick disable from the resulting pop-up menu. Here's an example of me setting that up with the 7-Zip shell extension context menu:

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 3, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Preferences:

Edwin, Apr 3, 2018
  7. tcebob Win User
    Thanks, all.

I found and killed the circled items with Shmnview just because I wanted to see the difference with Shexview. It seems that both work. Some programs do have options to display in context and some don't. Some, like Avast, sprinkle the menu with several entries. I'm still stumped on "Open in PDF-XChange editor."

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove from context menu

1. Remove from context menu - Similar Threads - Remove context menu

2. Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu: How do I Remove the Microsoft Edge entry from the Open With > Context Menu please? . . . The particular File shown is a .PDF [ Save As PDF ] File. I have looked in the HKCU and HKLM of the Registry, and File Associations, but to NO avail. I did search @Brinks Tutorials but I...
  3. How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?

How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?: Disk Management has 'author' in its Context Menu. Google seems to be unaware of it, so cannot give me removal guidance. Registry has about twenty entries for Author, that also have 'context'. Any suggestions for removing 'author' ?...
  4. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  5. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  6. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  7. remove OneDrive options from context menu

remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  8. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  9. Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?: [img] How do I remove these? I mainly want to remove the hotmail address. I tried deleting it from netplwiz and rebooting, but it still shows up. I no longer use that email and I want it deleted from that context menu. 92085
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...