Windows 10: Remove from Quick access

Discus and support Remove from Quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flashh4, May 13, 2018.

1. flashh4 Win User

Remove from Quick access

You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one !
    Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either remove these or just plain delete them ??
    Thanks
    Chuck

:)

flashh4, May 13, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 21, 2018
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Remove from Quick access

1. Remove from Quick access - Similar Threads - Remove Quick access

2. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  3. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  4. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File accidently "Removed from Quick Access"

File accidently "Removed from Quick Access": I removed some files from the 'Recent Files' list by right-clicking the file name and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". Unfortunately, I also removed a file unintentionally. How do I restore this file to to the 'Recent Files' list....
  6. Quick Access folder removed

Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  7. Remove Quick Access for good

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Quick Access for good: Does anyone know how to remove Quick acess from file explorer when updating a driver? I already removed it from file explorer with Winaero Tweaker but on some occasions it still shows up. 146862
  8. Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Quick Access from "Open/Save As" Dialogs?: Windows version: W10, LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to remove Quick Access from the Open/Save dialog boxes and I'm stumped. I've removed Quick Access from File Explorer itself, but I can't seem to find out how to remove it on...
  9. Removing Quick access from the Navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick access from the Navigation: How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole. 9281
  10. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...