Windows 10: Remove Groove from Windows 10?

Discus and support Remove Groove from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried the guidance here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PMaffMS, Aug 19, 2018.

1. PMaffMS Win User

Remove Groove from Windows 10?

I tried the guidance here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...4a-4177-a0cf-537dfd7a1a5d?tab=AllReplies#tabs

but this does not work: after reboot Groove music is still there.

Maybe the above guidance does not work in 1803 anymore?

Is there some better way to uninstall this terrible program/app.

I expected some simple "Uninstall" when you right click on the app-icon in the menu, but no way.

:-(

:)

PMaffMS, Aug 19, 2018

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Groove can't find music in Windows 10

Hi, Duncan.

Thank you for posting your response. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest that you Reset Groove and check if the issue persist. Follow the steps below to Reset Groove.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select RUN as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated here without the brackets (get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage)
    • This will remove Groove from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened), to install Groove again.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Remove Groove from Windows 10?

Groove Music

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall Groove:

• Press Windows key.

• Type Windows PowerShell in the Search.

• Right click on Windows PowerShell from the list and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type in the following command ‘get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage’ and press
      Enter.
    Also refer to :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/what-is-the-microsoft-groove-music-app

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Remove Groove from Windows 10?

1. Remove Groove from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Remove Groove

2. hello, dave i accidently removed my realtek high definition audio but how do i reinstall it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, dave i accidently removed my realtek high definition audio but how do i reinstall it...: when i was trying to clean up junks from my pc i saw an app named realtek high definition i wanted to delete it because it was slowing down my pc but after deleting it i saw i didnt have an audio i was so frightened because i had a class on my computer on tomorrow.then, i...
  3. hello, dave i accidently removed my realtek high definition audio but how do i reinstall it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello, dave i accidently removed my realtek high definition audio but how do i reinstall it...: when i was trying to clean up junks from my pc i saw an app named realtek high definition i wanted to delete it because it was slowing down my pc but after deleting it i saw i didnt have an audio i was so frightened because i had a class on my computer on tomorrow.then, i...
  4. How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?

How do I recover wifi and bluetooth after Windows 11 upgrade has removed it?: Following an upgrade to Windows 11, I have lost the option to connect to wifi or use bluetooth. When running the troubleshooting tool, it states that the 'ethernet cable isn't plugged in'.Windows 11 has effectively just turned my laptop into a brick....
  5. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  6. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  7. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.: how do i remove it forever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-groove-because-it-sucks-and-it-keeps/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  9. How do I remove deleted files that still appear on my recent played list when I search Groove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove deleted files that still appear on my recent played list when I search Groove?: [ATTACH] I tried reinstalling Groove and cleared my recycle bin; but, these files continue to show up under the recent column. https://preview.redd.it/zsfsacaeqxd51.png?width=1117&format=png&auto=webp&s=7fdcc0e0229bca058eef73cbe0ab887e1f05e8ed submitted by...
  10. How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps?: How can I remove Groove Music and other unwanted apps which MS considers "Default" apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-groove-music-and-other-unwanted/9c48e8e9-5de3-42c4-a9f4-c6ec3e261df8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove groove windows 10

2. windows 10 remove groove

3. uninstall groove music from windows 10

4. disable groove on windows 10,
  5. groove music uninstall,
  6. uninstall groove windows 10,
  7. how to uninstall groove music,
  8. when will groove be removed frim win 10