Windows 10: remove Hds from the system tray

Discus and support remove Hds from the system tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello i just installed win 10 64 bit pro The problem is that all three hard drives appear in the system tray. from the fear of ejecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abiliofernandes1, Dec 19, 2019.

1. remove Hds from the system tray

Hello

i just installed win 10 64 bit pro

The problem is that all three hard drives appear in the system tray.

from the fear of ejecting unintentionally.

I had a regedit setup that solved this in win 7.
    for win 10 i can't find anything on the net.

does anyone have a tutorial on removing the hds from the system tray?

thank you

:)

Abiliofernandes1, Dec 19, 2019

2. Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Dec 19, 2019
  3. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

remove Hds from the system tray [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

remove Hds from the system tray [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

remove Hds from the system tray

System tray

Yes, and you can drag them from the 'hidden icons' box onto the system tray too. I always do that for the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' icon which usually first appears in the 'hidden icons' list.

Thema:

remove Hds from the system tray

1. remove Hds from the system tray - Similar Threads - remove Hds system

2. How to Remove the Input Method from System Tray in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove the Input Method from System Tray in Windows 11: I only ever use one language and so having the Input Method displayed in the System Tray is useless to me. It seems that every time Microsoft issues an update I have to go hunting for how to disable this particular item. I haven't been able to find it in Windows 11, but...
  3. How to Remove the Input Method from System Tray in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove the Input Method from System Tray in Windows 11: I only ever use one language and so having the Input Method displayed in the System Tray is useless to me. It seems that every time Microsoft issues an update I have to go hunting for how to disable this particular item. I haven't been able to find it in Windows 11, but...
  4. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray: Hi,Can anyone explain how can I prevent the Windows Sync Icon CSC from being displayed in the System Tray?Sync has been disabled and is no longer used however, I'm unable to remove the icon from the systray display the icon is found under hidden icons and is turned 'off' via...
  5. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray: Hi,Can anyone explain how can I prevent the Windows Sync Icon CSC from being displayed in the System Tray?Sync has been disabled and is no longer used however, I'm unable to remove the icon from the systray display the icon is found under hidden icons and is turned 'off' via...
  6. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

7. Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

Remove CCleaner icon from system tray: If I turn off showing CCleaner icon in Settings, the next time I run CCleaner it turns it back on - is there any resolution to keep it off? 170903
  8. Remove everything from taskbar (left of system tray)

Remove everything from taskbar (left of system tray): I've been trying to put together a minimalist desktop setup, and I am trying to remove (or hide) everything on the taskbar, left of the "Show Hidden Items" button on the System Tray, and also make the taskbar transparent. The hidden items would be the Start Button and the...
  9. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows. Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings . Under Notification Area , choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove...
  10. HDs for archive - System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Support
    HDs for archive - System and Reserved: Hello guys.I installed Windows 10 on my computer, a while ago, and had to format.I already had a 1TB HD with my files (videos, photos, games ...) and (obviously) I did not format it because Windows is on an SSD disk.Then I added another 1TB hard drive I got from a friend. I...