Windows 10: Remove "hidden" user

Discus and support Remove "hidden" user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have what might be a similar problem Trying to resolve confusion with accounts on wife's PC. We upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 about a month ago.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tireman9, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Tireman9 Win User

Remove "hidden" user

I have what might be a similar problem
    Trying to resolve confusion with accounts on wife's PC. We upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 about a month ago.

Background. She got the PC from her mother who is 92 and not interested in computers.
    Mother-in-law was given PC by a grand-son. I do not know it's origin. Note grandson is not named Jeffery
    +++++++++
    When I turn on the computer it tries to start with user "Jeffrey" but there is a password needed. There are two other users displayed"
    Administrator < I made this user active yesterday

Jeffrey
    RogM (admin) < I created this administrative account yesterday

I can start the PC using the Administrator account and am trying to delete the Jeffrey account.
    ++++++++++++++
    If I run Command Prompt as administrator and enter net user
    I get the following list
    Administrator DefaultAccount Guest rogm

+++++++++++++++
    Note if I search the Registry I find numerous entries for Jeffery.
    ++++++++++++++++++

My questions are:
    Why doesn't Jeffery account display when I use cmd net user?

How do I delete the Jeffery account
    Is Jeffery the "default" user as mentioned in this thread?
    Is the only way to get rid of Jeffrey when we start the PC to "reset" the PC per instructions in this thread?

:)

Tireman9, Oct 19, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 19, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Remove "hidden" user :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Remove "hidden" user :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Remove "hidden" user :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Remove "hidden" user :)

musum, Oct 19, 2015
  4. joya Win User

Remove "hidden" user

Have you set up a Microsoft account (online live account) or not?

Thema:

Remove "hidden" user

1. Remove "hidden" user - Similar Threads - Remove hidden user

2. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  3. My user folder is hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My user folder is hidden: I just got a new PC well it's an old second hand one from a friend and have been setting things up. They formatted the drives and reinstalled windows. I noticed that when I was trying to create desktop shortcuts for games using steam, the shortcuts just appeared as blank...
  4. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  5. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  6. Removing a Hidden Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Hidden Language: On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and English US and have deleted DutchNL language through Settings. The language does not show in the "Preferred Languages"...
  7. Creating a hidden user

Creating a hidden user: Hi everyone, I'm running a PC w/ Windows 10 Pro v.2004 and is not on a domain. I want to make my administrator account hidden from the user account screen. Instead, I want an option that says "Other User" where I can type in the account's Username if I ever need to log...
  8. How to remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove hidden icons: ok so i have googled this problem but all i can find is several different links on how to choose what icons that appeasr on your taskbar and thats not what i wanna do. i wanna close down or at least hide the programs that i have in my hidden icons area how do i do that?...
  9. HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR

HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR: How to activate HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS 10. why it is said can be activated but we should not do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-user-administrator/6bb7cf15-14ff-4605-9388-536fc66e8581
  10. User Profile for Hidden Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile for Hidden Administrator: I occasionally use the Hidden Administrator account for security problems, stubborn undeletable files, etc. Question is can I use the User Profile from my W10 install on the Hidden Administrator? If yes, how? 40977