Windows 10: Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I read the tutorial about Libraries, which doesn't cover my question. I do not use the Documents, Music, Pictures, or Videos folders and I 'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Mar 5, 2017.

1. rboppy Win User

Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I read the tutorial about Libraries, which doesn't cover my question. I do not use the Documents, Music, Pictures, or Videos folders and I 'd like to get them off the navigation pane, is there a way to do that?

:)

rboppy, Mar 5, 2017
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Explorer Displaying External HDD Twice

Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Version 1511.

Explorer's navigation pane is displaying my External HDD twice where it wasn't being displayed twice prior to the upgrade.

Also, the Quick Access folder is back.

How do I hide the Quick Access folder?? I don't just mean removing or clearing items form it.

I want the folder to be hidden.

James

JamesJoey, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Modify Navigation Pane

I like many things about Windows 10.

One thing I would like to be able to do is remove items from the windows explorer navigation pane. For example, windows has included my "Dropbox" account folder in the navigation pane. I have a dropbox account and yes there is a folder on my PC for that.
    However, I rarely use dropbox (it is a legacy from some folks I used to work with). How can I remove that from the root navigation pane? An alternate question, how does windows decide what to place in the navigation pane?

Matthew H Stockton, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 5, 2017
  5. rboppy Win User
    Thanks Brink,

That looks like it might do the job, I removed the Music and Videos folders and sure enough they're gone from W.E.

I'll remove the others and test to make sure the software that uses them can still find them.

Thanks again!

rboppy, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove Hide folders

2. How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11: How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11 Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-or-remove-control-panel-in-navigation/02c39abf-6ef0-45eb-ba63-e0c0c4bdf37b
  3. How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11: How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11 Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-or-remove-control-panel-in-navigation/02c39abf-6ef0-45eb-ba63-e0c0c4bdf37b
  4. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane: I had two versions of OneDrive, one personal and one professional each with different log in identities. I need to remove the professional one, which had at some point duplicated itself in the File Explorer navigation pane.I followed all the instructions found online related...
  5. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer: It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James...
  6. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer: It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James...
  7. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  8. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane: New tutorial all finished. *Smile *Arrow Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Tutorials
  9. Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Is there a way to remove the Documents node from File Explorer's Navigation Pane? [img] 108947
  10. Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly...