Windows 10: Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps

Discus and support Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, How do I remove the text box when you hover over an app? I do a lot with Excel and Google sheets. Often when accessing tabs, the hovering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErwinNellestijn, May 4, 2020.

1. Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps

Hi all,

How do I remove the text box when you hover over an app?

I do a lot with Excel and Google sheets.

Often when accessing tabs, the hovering text is triggered.

The text hovers over their tabs and is slow to disappear, it costs time and causes frustration.

It also just happens often when I just want to slide my mouse pointer 'out of the way'.

See picture for example.

Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps 7ef10a1f-af4e-442f-96bf-763363e46340?upload=true.png

Thank you, Erwin

:)

ErwinNellestijn, May 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

Hide the safely remove icon - don't show it on the taskbar.

Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps [​IMG]

Rt click the icon to get more options.. quite stable, no time issues.

dalchina, May 4, 2020
  3. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

Thank you for your reply.

I should have been more specific - I don't want to see the hovering text for any of the taskbar icons in the lower right taskbar area. The text pops up and gets in the way on all the icons, not just the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon.

EyeInTheSky, May 4, 2020
  4. Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps

Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

This hovering text is very annoying:

I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make doesn't trigger the icons action, it triggers the selection within the next available actions of the icon.

The hovering text wouldn't be a problem if it had a delay of say five seconds; but the hovering text field shows up immediately as soon as the pointer hits the icon, making it near impossible to accurately use a right mouse click action to use the next available fields of actions produced by a right click.

I have come across this:

Go to Start > Run (Winkey+R) and type regedit, press enter
    Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
    Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named ExtendedUIHoverTime
    Double-click ExtendedUIHoverTime and select Decimal
    Enter a value in milliseconds (1 s = 1000 ms) that will “delay” the popup
    Restart computer

However, it doesn't work because the article was from 2014.

Any other ideas I can try?

EyeInTheSky, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps

1. Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps - Similar Threads - Remove hovering text

2. Remove text in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove text in Taskbar: When I go Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 to remove text, although I select 'Always hide labels' it doesn't ! Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-text-in-taskbar/ce750a4d-4cde-496b-8aaf-860ef64b55af
  3. Taskbar Hover Text Stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Hover Text Stuck: [ATTACH] My mouse will hover over an icon on the toolbar and when it leaves the toolbar, it still has the text hover above it when the mouse is nowhere near it. This has been going on for years with no answers anywhere. submitted by /u/Grunstrag [link] [comments]...
  4. Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...
  5. Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...
  6. Taskbar hover bug

Taskbar hover bug: Hey all. I've been encountering a bug recently where taskbar icons remain highlighted after my mouse leaves. The issue is that the name of the app will then appear and stay until I smash the start button a few times or click elsewhere on the taskbar. Occasionally, the app...
  7. Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to eliminate / delay this hovering text in the taskbar?: This hovering text is very annoying: [img] I understand the hovering text describes what your mouse pointer is actually hovering over; but if the pointer is locked into the hovering text field by the slightest accidental movement of the mouse, the actual click you make...
  8. Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner

Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner: I recently upgraded to window 10 and something really annoys me. In the bottom right corner of my screen, there is a arrow that when clicked, pulls out a taskbar that gives my 4 buttons to press that change my power settings. Auto, Performance, Powersaving and Away mode....
  9. Question about hovering text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about hovering text.: Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off. [img] I know this is a helpful...
  10. Hovering text on my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Hovering text on my screen: I have a hovering text on my screen that is coming from another window ( another opened Chrome window) Why does it happen, and how can i get rid of it without rebooting ? [img] 33690