Windows 10: Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

Discus and support Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gogreen, Jul 12, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer?

:)

gogreen, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 Install: Cannot Determine Space

I didn't understand why it couldn't work out that I had plenty of disk space, so I looked in File Explorer and saw that my computer had the three devices/drives I expected (two HDD positions, C & D, plus my CD-ROM, E), plus an unexpected "iCloud Photos"
    virtual drive with a pretty flower icon that refused to be deleted.

Looking on other forums, I found that my iTunes installation had also installed iCloud, which had created this virtual "iCloud Photos" drive.

The solution was to uninstall iCloud (can leave iTunes) - after that I re-ran the installation and it continues happily.

(the iCloud uninstall goes smoothest if you sign out from iCloud first and exit from it)

It's a pity that some Microsoft programmer didn't realise that it doesn't matter if there are some devices/drives that they can't get info about, as long as there is enough space in the drives they can see, and it is preferable if they are on the local hard
    disk and not in a cloud!

LaurenceRenshaw, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Editing Devices and Drives menu in File Explorer Win 10

Hi Güven,

Using third-party applications are not recommended to edit Windows interface. If you are not sure what is the result of using this interface editor, the only option that you have is to revert changes by uninstalling them or going back to a restore point.

You can remove certain/selected programs like this in the Control Panel. To do this, visit this link:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    for instructions.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Johann Eva, Jul 12, 2016
  4. gogreen Win User

I found a solution. I deleted this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}.

This solution is definitely not original--I saw this online but I don't remember where and I didn't save the link.

gogreen, Jul 12, 2016
  5. Skofab Win User
    Thanks gogreen
    with the need to remove the 'iCloud', icon - I did a search and came across your solution.Instant success!
    Many thanks for putting this on the forum

Skofab, Apr 23, 2017
  6. thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    • Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    • Enter key in address bar
    • Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    • Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! *Smile

justinmreina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove iCloud Photos

2. Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.: I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them....
  3. Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.: I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them....
  4. remove icloud photos files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icloud photos files from file explorer: remove iCloud photos files from file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icloud-photos-files-from-file-explorer/3a74e97c-28a2-47fa-bb60-2a7362fb1ffc
  5. Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer: Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-duplicate-icloud-photos-folder-in/1d13db33-8a6a-47e1-81cd-165ba73b0c64
  6. Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: I reviewed every suggestion on how to fix this issue and I additionally went into regedit did a search on iCloud Photos and deleted EVERY entry and still have the issue. The only difference is that in IE it just shows a blank folder and doesn't say iCloud Photos. I turned...
  7. Remove iCloud Photos from Windows File Explorer Sidebar

Remove iCloud Photos from Windows File Explorer Sidebar: Good Afternoon, I recently switched over from OSX to Windows 10 and in an attempt to migrate all of my photos from iCloud to my Pictures library on my new computer I installed iCloud onto my new computer. After one photo was migrated from iCloud I decided to just download a...
  8. Delete iCloud photos from file explorer

Delete iCloud photos from file explorer: Hello everyone, can some help me, how do i delete the icloud folders created in file explorer. I downloaded icloud for windows, had no luck accessing icloud photos. decided to log out and uninstall icloud windows but left with these in the file explorer, that I really...
  9. remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: so I'm completely frustrated that I cant delete this stupid icloud photo's folder that has duplicated itself on the file explorer side bar. Ive deleted the folder source so now it errors when you click the folder and I cant delete the shortcut which I never wanted in the...
  10. file explorer icloud photo detail

file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove icloud photos from devices and drives

2. uninstall icloud photos from devices

3. how to remove iCloud Photo folder in files explorer

4. how to remove icloud photos on devices and drives,
  5. how to remove iloud photos in windows explorer,
  6. remove icloud file explorer,
  7. uninstall icloud from windows explorer,
  8. remove icloud photos device in windows,
  9. icloud phots not in devices and drives,
  10. how to remove icloud photos from devices and drives