Windows 10: Remove icon from a Task View screen

Discus and support Remove icon from a Task View screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JerrySki, Feb 19, 2021.

1. JerrySki Win User

Remove icon from a Task View screen

When I create a task view it carries all icons I see on the original desktop. Can I remove items from the Task View I just created? If I do will the item still show on the original desktop?

Win 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.B804)

:)

JerrySki, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Martmcd Win User

Removal of Task view

Hi Barbsan

to get out of task view and back to normal you can

click on the small desktop at the top of the screen (or the largest one)

or winkey+tab (toggles between normal screen and task view)

or esc

please let me know if this does not work

you can remove the task view button from the taskbar

right click on the taskbar and untick show task view button

Martmcd, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

Hi

I don't have that on my task bar?

My properties are set to Always Combine Hide Labels.

All I see, on mine is the little magnifying glass icon.

When I click on that it opens a search window?

Remove icon from a Task View screen [​IMG]

If you are having problems with having enough space for all of your icons check out Rocketdock.
    It works great.

Remove icon from a Task View screen [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove icon from a Task View screen - Similar Threads - Remove icon Task

2. task view folders not removing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task view folders not removing: when I open the task view icon it shows remove or clear from so and so date.but the function is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-folders-not-removing/3265f023-d999-41b9-9899-7d22ac0b4b97"
  3. Task View screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View screen: I have items on my Task View screen which I can't remove. I can remove current but these items are from December. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-screen/527b9b5b-bfb0-428c-9272-061661e5fc81
  4. Can not remove contents from Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not remove contents from Task View: Hello In my time line of task view I can see the content history. Sometimes it happens that when I remove the content from task view then it becomes faint (Diminished) and then I can not remove it. I have two active desktop here but I can not delete one which I don't want....
  5. Removal of Task view

Removal of Task view: I started task view by accident. Now I can not get back to regular view. How can it be solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-task-view/dd1ca8d1-bf69-4727-90e5-d2878a7ede77
  6. removing icons from task bar

removing icons from task bar: I have a number of icons on my task bar that I don't use. I cannot find any remove command. (This is also true on my start menu.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-icons-from-task-bar/a8a19484-c7f2-4841-9a13-6a362e2c3fe4
  7. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  8. Remove / Disable "task view" from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove / Disable "task view" from Windows 10: I'd like to remove the ability to open or activate "task view" at all times. I'm not asking for how to remove the icon from the task bar. I'm wondering how to disable it from windows 10 entirely. I find it very distracting how "task view" opens after you resize a window...
  9. Task View and Icon next to it disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears: I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. It seems at random the Task...
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199