Windows 10: remove icons

Discus and support remove icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My grandson accidentally copied more than 10000 photo's to my startup desktop. Is there a way to remove them without doing it manually, one by one? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edmoore2, May 8, 2020.

1. edmoore2 Win User

remove icons

My grandson accidentally copied more than 10000 photo's to my startup desktop. Is there a way to remove them without doing it manually, one by one? I tried todo a System Restore but each failed with the message "failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x8007045b.

:)

edmoore2, May 8, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 8, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, May 8, 2020
  4. remove icons

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2020
Thema:

remove icons

1. remove icons - Similar Threads - remove icons

2. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  3. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  4. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  6. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  7. How to remove an icon from the taskbar **while it's running**

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an icon from the taskbar **while it's running**: When a program is running it appears in the taskbar. Is there a way to prevent this icon appearing in the taskbar during its execution?Thanks...
  8. How to remove an icon from the taskbar **while it's running**

How to remove an icon from the taskbar **while it's running**: When a program is running it appears in the taskbar. Is there a way to prevent this icon appearing in the taskbar during its execution?Thanks...
  9. How to remove an icon from the taskbar **while it's running**

10. Remove the icon on the right of the search bar

Remove the icon on the right of the search bar: How to remove the icon on the right of the search bar in Windows 10?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-the-icon-on-the-right-of-the-search-bar/5dc0c649-1a54-4bc2-badc-601f151c2ed9