Windows 10: Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education

Discus and support Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, Our organization is adopting Win 10 Pro Education but we found a tricky issue that after we added a new input language, there is no obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eaven Huang, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education

Dear All,

Our organization is adopting Win 10 Pro Education but we found a tricky issue that after we added a new input language, there is no obvious option for us to remove it. Below screenshot for reference:

Any idea or solution would be warmly welcome and really appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance.

Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education fdb7fb31-1f4f-4221-88fe-a2260051b5ba?upload=true.png

:)

Eaven Huang, Jan 20, 2021
  2. RanDembo Win User

Cannot remove input language

See also

Cannot remove input language (keyboard)

Hello,

This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903).

en-uk was re-introduced as input language (this is a usual problem in win 10 major updates)

I cannot remove input language.

My keyword is bi-lingual - English-US & Hebrew.

I have a third language - English UK, but I cannot remove it.

In setting -> Time & Language -> Region & Language

There are only 2 languages: Hebrew & en-us (OK).

But there is a third input language en-uk, that I need to remove

In Windows PowerShell, using Get-WinUserLanguageList,
    there are also only languages: Hebrew & en-us (OK)

My user is an Admin

RanDembo, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

4. Mohan B P Win User

Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education

1. Remove input language from Win 10 Pro Education - Similar Threads - Remove input language

2. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  3. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  4. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  6. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  7. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

8. Remove Language from Input options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Language from Input options: Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and...
  9. Remove Language from Input options

Remove Language from Input options: Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and...
  10. To remove input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...