Windows 10: Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Discus and support Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows10SuX, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Hello,
    is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png
    Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control panel there is only one? I don't need changing language nor switching input method so I would like to remove that icon. Thanks.

:)

Windows10SuX, Aug 21, 2015
  2. markomyu Win User

Input Indicator doesn't work well and Icon missing on Windows 10

I have exactly the same issue.

Not only Input Indicator icon is "missing" in the Taskbar (although blank space instead of icon is showed next to the clock after Input Indicator icon is turned ON in:

Settings -> System -> Notifications and actions -> Turn system icons on or off).

I also noticed there is no Input Indicator icon among the icons in the notification area selection:

Settings -> System -> Notifications and actions -> "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" .

Here is the solution that temporary worked for me.

Make sure Control Panel - > Clock, Language, Region -> Language -> Advanced settings -> under "Switching input methods" option "Use the desktop language bar when it's available"
    is checked.

(Or: Start -> Settings -> Time&Language -> Region&Language -> Additional date, time & regional settings -> Language -> Advanced Settings -> under "Switching input methods" option "Use the desktop language bar when it's available"
    is checked.)

Search Windows for: ctfmon

When appears as the best match, click on: ctfmon Run command .

Language bar (and not Input Indicator) appeared on the Taskbar. However, it disappeared again after the restart.

markomyu, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Keyboard irregularity

You might want to add your country's keyboard layout as input method.

In languages, click on options. Here, click on add an input method of your choice. After this, you'll get option to change the input language in the notification area. You can choose your keyboard there.

This should change the (shift + 2) key to @.

Hope this helps.

Srikanthsd, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Found your post yesterday and didn't know the answer. Today I decided I wanted to turn it off too. I turned it off in the notification settings, but after a reboot I saw it had returned. So after that I followed these steps: “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows. Hopefully this helps!

Jamushroom, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Hi, thanks for the reply.
    There's only one problem with that method: the ability to switch input methods IS still there, it's just hidden (Windows+Spacebar). Is it possible to completely delete or remove, not hide, this feature?

Windows10SuX, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Ah, didn't know you wanted to change the input. What you can do is remove the language you don't actually use. That way you won't be able to switch between inputs. That's the only way to remove the feature as far as I'm aware of.

Jamushroom, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Yeah, the strange thing is that only my primary Language is listed, while the other one is not even there...

Windows10SuX, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Aw, that's a bummer! In that case I can't help you!

Jamushroom, Aug 23, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
  10. Yes but I dont want to hide it, I want to remove it

Windows10SuX, Aug 28, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I don't believe it can be totally ripped out, but I haven't see hide no hair of it, since removing the keyboard I don't have(to reiterate is gone from system tray). Unless you need more than one system language or one keyboard language, removing the excess ones removes the indicator.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

1. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area - Similar Threads - Remove input method

2. To remove unwanted language input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  3. To remove input language

To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...
  4. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  5. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  6. Superfluous input method in language bar

Superfluous input method in language bar: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2 (see the picture below - United Kingdom keyboard is unnecessary). On the other hand I see only 2 languages in the "Language"...
  7. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

in Windows 10 Support
    1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?: Hello everyone, I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a Language section in the Control Panel where input methods could be removed. This section has been removed in 1803, and there's...
  10. Remove input method without removing language?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove input method without removing language?: I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of...