Windows 10: Remove input method without removing language?

Discus and support Remove input method without removing language? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zacchi4k, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Zacchi4k Win User

Remove input method without removing language?

I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of English.
    The problem is that, now, the UK Keyboard input method appears in the language bar too, and I can't remove it via the control panel. Is there any way to remove it?

:)

Zacchi4k, Apr 3, 2016
  2. Kem Mon Win User

2 Keyboard Layouts ?

Hi Peter,

You can change remove or change the input methods/layout by going to
    Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change input methods > Choose the
    input language or layout and click on "Options" > under Input method, remove the desired input methods that you want to
    remove.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 3, 2016
  3. How to remove microsoft Pinyin as an input method

There is an option to "Remove" microsoft pinyin. I clicked it. And come back and found it is still there. What the heck?

I use another input method and don't want to use Microsoft PINYIN and don't want to press button twice to switch between engligh and chinese. It is VERY ANNOYING.

And I felt so bad that the computer automatically upgrade to windows 10. And I use my hotmail account to log in onenote and found that my log in account to the PC is automatically changed to my hotmail account. Why not give me a warning before doing that???

Windows 10 really sucks.

Qifeng Shan, Apr 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, here perhaps?

Remove input method without removing language? [​IMG]

(Remove won't be enabled on mine as English UK input is default)

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Zacchi4k Win User
    Grayed out.

Zacchi4k, Apr 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
  7. Zacchi4k Win User
    Zacchi4k, Apr 5, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Then do an in-place upgrade repair install - see tutorial section. There's a real guide to that there.

That will also reset languages to default.

Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2016
  9. Zacchi4k Win User
    I don't want to because probabily it won't even work, because the primary language is Italian and I also have Japanese IME.
    Is there something like a registry hack?

Zacchi4k, Apr 5, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    You want to check in with Sergey Tkachenko over at WinAero.com about this. He runs multi-lingual setups all the time, and has blogged about language packs, input methods, and so forth repeatedly. You can reach him through the site at his "About" page (his email address is all the way down at the bottom, in image form, to confuse e-mail address harvesting robots).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove input method without removing language? - Similar Threads - Remove input method

2. Redundant input methods are impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redundant input methods are impossible to remove: Hello,I just set up a new machine running Windows 11. I use multiple languages and input methods. The machine has a Swiss French keyboard and I use 4 languages ENG [Europe], FRA, ITA, ESP. For ENG and FRA, I use the Swiss French QWERTZ keyboard. For ITA, Italian QWERTY, and...
  3. Redundant input methods are impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redundant input methods are impossible to remove: Hello,I just set up a new machine running Windows 11. I use multiple languages and input methods. The machine has a Swiss French keyboard and I use 4 languages ENG [Europe], FRA, ITA, ESP. For ENG and FRA, I use the Swiss French QWERTZ keyboard. For ITA, Italian QWERTY, and...
  4. Can't remove additional input method

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove additional input method: I only have two languages in Settings but three input methods are displayed in the right-bottom language bar, with an additional English Singapore.Have tried to remove the extra input method by installing English Singapore in Settings and then delete it. I succeed every time...
  5. To remove unwanted language input methods.

To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  6. To remove input language

To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...
  7. Cannot remove input language

Cannot remove input language: See also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-remove-input-language-keyboard/b9e01e9e-6d72-407c-8c38-f61ae993db6c?messageId=8154fa8a-7534-4db4-8754-fcb549ac5bbd Hello, This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903). en-uk...
  8. Remove Input Methods

Remove Input Methods: Hey everyone, I'm running into a bit of a difficulty attempting to remove input methods. I've already removed the languages and restarted a few times, but the input methods still remain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of the issue below....
  9. 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

in Windows 10 Support
    1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?: Hello everyone, I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a Language section in the Control Panel where input methods could be removed. This section has been removed in 1803, and there's...
  10. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area: Hello, is it possible to get rid of the input method icon which is located in the notifiaction area which shows the language abbreviation? Something like this: http://www.7tutorials.com/files/img/..._language6.png Why there are two languages, hence the icon, if in control...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove microsoft pinyin grayed out