Windows 10: Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page

Discus and support Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I see the Start Menu search page, it's just virtue signaling some fad I don't have any interest in seeing on an operating system that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SirBlain, Jun 20, 2024.

1. SirBlain Win User

Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page

Every time I see the Start Menu search page, it's just virtue signaling some fad I don't have any interest in seeing on an operating system that is used to get work done on, not be advertised at.How do I remove the bigoted 'juneteenth' stuff from the Start Menu, along with the other blatant propaganda that is delivered there?

:)

SirBlain, Jun 20, 2024

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Jun 20, 2024
  4. mrc00l88 Win User

Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs

Hi all, I have removed all unnecessary apps, etc from the Start Menu list - however there are Folders, for example, "Ease of Access" --- where once removed from the Start Menu folder list %appdata/programdata% --- the applications within the folder no longer work when calling on them in the Windows Search. They appear in the search results, but upon clicking them - nothing opens.

Example: Delete 'Ease of Access' from Start Menu Programs Folders %appdata/programdata% --- Click Windows Button, type in 'Narrator' (program within the 'Ease of Access' folder) and try to click it, doesn't open. Happens with all the programs within the Folders.

As soon as I put the Folders back in the Start Menu Programs Folders %appdata/programdata% - the search entries all function as usual.

I've tried rebuilding the search, adding the entire C drive to search index, nothing seems to be working.

Basically I'm looking to remove the 'Ease of Access' 'Windows Accessories' 'PowerShell' etc folders from the Start Menu list, but still be able to call the applications within them up thru the Windows Search and click to open.

Anyone have a fix?

mrc00l88, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

1. Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page - Similar Threads - Remove 'juneteenth' start

2. Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove 'juneteenth' from the start menu search page: Every time I see the Start Menu search page, it's just virtue signaling some fad I don't have any interest in seeing on an operating system that is used to get work done on, not be advertised at.How do I remove the bigoted 'juneteenth' stuff from the Start Menu, along with...
  3. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  4. Remove single search result from start menu search

Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  5. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Cortana
  6. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: Hello The search function in the start menu is really getting on my nerves... I tried all the hacks I could find. Unsuccessfully. It's frustrating among other things also because sometimes, I don't know how maybe I'm just too fast and not used to having useless stuff on top,...
  7. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: Hello The srarch function in the start menu is really getting on my nerves... I tried all the hacks I could find. Unsuccessfully. It's frustrating among other things also because sometimes, I don't know how maybe I'm just too fast and not used to having useless stuff on top,...
  8. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  9. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search, is it possible to remove?: Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n97e/start_menu_search_is_it_possible_to_remove/
  10. Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search

in Cortana
    Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search: I used to be able to do a registry edit and it would remove Bing search results from start menu searches. Being able to search for files locally on my computer being dependent on Microsoft servers is obnoxious so I want it completely disabled. Have they changed how to do it?...