Windows 10: Remove language features?

Discus and support Remove language features? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jointke, May 13, 2020.

1. jointke Win User

Remove language features?

Hi!
    So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language.
    I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout.

Remove language features? fd610e47-21e7-45b5-8b89-53b899bbcb0a?upload=true.png

I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted to remove them, i got redirected to Time & Language > Language, and when i got here, i got really confused on what to do. I've also noticed, that the language "English UK" is present on the Display Languages list, and not elsewhere. I'd really like to make my boss happy, and remove these features.

I've also tried a solution with Powershell as mentioned here, but the Powershell just lists Eng-US and Polish my input languages so I don't think i can remove the UK one from there.

:)

jointke, May 13, 2020
  2. Kamka Win User

Cannot remove languages from Optional Features

Hi, all,

I have a Windows 10 (went through all of the Insider builds) and have a dozen languages that ended up in Optional Features (without my knowledge) that cannot be removed. Those languages (Chinese, Swedish, etc.) have only "Manage" button which does nothing.
    In Control Panel -> Languages I have only English and Bulgarian.

I see that there are two places for language packs to install - System32 and SysWOW64. The contents of SysWOW64 is what corresponds to the list in Settins -> System -> Apps & Features -> Optional Features.

I've read on other forums that there was a bug around builds 1004x that could lead to large install times and the addition of many LPK (language packs). And indeed, my RTM install took a good whole night to complete.

So far I have:

• used Lpksetup /u and uninstalled everything there but English. This removed only the languages from System32 but had no effect on SysWOW64 and what is listed in Optional Features.
    • have added the languages listed in Optional Features in Control Panel -> Languages so that I can uninstall the language packs from there, but the option available is to Download and install the pack and not to uninstall it
    • With #2 in mind, I have downloaded the corresponding language pack in Control Panel -> Languages and have then uninstalled it - Optional Features still list it

How can I remove those languages?

Kamka, May 13, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 13, 2020
  4. Remove language features?

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Remove language features?

1. Remove language features? - Similar Threads - Remove language features

2. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  3. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  4. Removed Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed Features: Since you removed some features from Windows 10, can you at least try to put it back through Windows 11? Ex: Only Dock at Bottom, Taskbar Settings only on right-clicking taskbar...
  5. Removed Features

Removed Features: Since you removed some features from Windows 10, can you at least try to put it back through Windows 11? Ex: Only Dock at Bottom, Taskbar Settings only on right-clicking taskbar...
  6. Remove feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove feature: Hi, Does anyone know what is the **** feature? How to remove news? I don't want to see any news here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-feature/c51cba88-0529-4dbf-aa1b-e3597f38220a
  7. Remove feature

Remove feature: Hi, Does anyone know what is the **** feature? How to remove news? I don't want to see any news here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-feature/c51cba88-0529-4dbf-aa1b-e3597f38220a
  8. Remove language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove language: Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English. is there a way to...
  9. Language Removing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...
  10. Removed Features

in Windows 10 Support
    Removed Features: So, what's up with some of these "very useful" features being removed? I mean, i can't remember all of them as i'm writing this topic, but right now i can see that: Aero glass has been removed, instead we're left with this quasi-aero effect on the taskbar, meanwhile the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove windows language fetures

2. windows uninstall language feature