Windows 10: Remove Language from Input options

Discus and support Remove Language from Input options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sparkless1, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Remove Language from Input options

Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and Language > Language, I have removed every trace of GB variant from keyboard and windows display but when alt+shift-ing, option to switch to GB keyboard still persists. Only place I found BG keyboard option to still be there is in "Language Bar Option" but there, you can just assign shortcuts to specific layouts

:)

Sparkless1, Jan 24, 2022

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Remove Language from Input options

Issues with input language.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps reply with the answers to the below questions:

1. What is the complete error message that you are receiving?

2. Are you able to input using the English language in Cortana and Settings?

3. What happens when you try to change the input language to Chinese?

4. Is this issue specific to Cortana, Settings and account login page?

Let us try few troubleshooting method to resolve this issue.

Method 1: If you are facing issues with using Chinese as your input language in Cortana and Settings, I suggest you to remove and re-add the language pack and check if that helps.

To remove the language pack:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard and tap on
    Enter.

2. Click on the Time & Language option.

3. Click on the Language option.

4. Click on Chinese language pack and select the
    Remove option.

Refer the following article on Manage your input and
    display language settings in Windows 10
    for steps to re-add the language pack.

To switch between the input languages, tap on
    Windows + Space
    button on the keyboard and check if you are able to change the switch and use the Chinese language to input.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to align the speech settings with the pervious input language settings.

1. Go to Start and open
    Settings.

2. Select
    Time & language > Language.

3. Select the language you want to add speech to, and then select the
    Options button.

4. Under
    Speech, select Download. It may take a minute or two for the speech pack to load.

5. Sign out and then sign back in for the new speech pack to be added to speech options.

6. Go back to
    Settings > Time & language
    > Language, select your new language, and then use the up-arrow button to move it to the top of the list and make it the default.

7. Go to
    Speech, and make sure the Speech language setting is aligned with the previous settings.

8. Sign out and then sign back in for the new settings to take effect.

Refer the article on Cortana's regions and languages
    for more information.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Remove Language from Input options

1. Remove Language from Input options - Similar Threads - Remove Language Input

2. Input Language - Options not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input Language - Options not working: Hi, When I try to click on the <Options> button, the Language page will hang and I have to close this Language windows, it is same for other language, e.g. Japanese. Please help to identify this issue. It happens to most of the Windows 10 PC domain joined. Thanks....
  3. Input Language - Options not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language - Options not working: Hi, When I try to click on the <Options> button, the Language page will hang and I have to close this Language windows, it is same for other language, e.g. Japanese. Please help to identify this issue. It happens to most of the Windows 10 PC domain joined. Thanks....
  4. Input Language - Options not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove input option from Chinese pinyin input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove input option from Chinese pinyin input: Here is an example of Chinese pinyin input. However, I would like to remove some of the options from appearing in this list - in this case the encircled 10 option 5 and X option 6 as they are useless they appear because "ten" is pronounced "shi" in Chinese, yet paradoxically...
  6. Remove input option from Chinese pinyin input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove input option from Chinese pinyin input: Here is an example of Chinese pinyin input. However, I would like to remove some of the options from appearing in this list - in this case the encircled 10 option 5 and X option 6 as they are useless they appear because "ten" is pronounced "shi" in Chinese, yet paradoxically...
  7. Remove Language from Input options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Language from Input options: Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and...
  8. Removing a Language option from Keyboard

Removing a Language option from Keyboard: Hi, I am trying to remove 2 language options from my keyboard and I can't seem to do it. I already went to settings, Time & Langauge, Language to remove the language option, but I don't see it as an option. The language I am trying to remove is Afrikaans and Slovak....
  9. To remove input language

To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...
  10. Cannot remove input language

Cannot remove input language: See also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-remove-input-language-keyboard/b9e01e9e-6d72-407c-8c38-f61ae993db6c?messageId=8154fa8a-7534-4db4-8754-fcb549ac5bbd Hello, This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903). en-uk...