Windows 10: Remove language

Discus and support Remove language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maher.Saleem, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Remove language

Hi

I have problem which is display language.

whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK.

I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English.

is there a way to remove one of the english.

THX

:)

Maher.Saleem, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Remove language

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Remove language

1. Remove language - Similar Threads - Remove language

2. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  3. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  4. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  5. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  6. Removing secondary languages from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing secondary languages from Windows 11: I'm unable to remove additional languages from the keyboard layout switcher. I've tried adding them, removing them, nothing works.They're still in there. The languages are English GB and English US with the German keyboard layout. Why can't Microsoft add a simple right click...
  7. Removing secondary languages from Windows 11

Removing secondary languages from Windows 11: I'm unable to remove additional languages from the keyboard layout switcher. I've tried adding them, removing them, nothing works.They're still in there. The languages are English GB and English US with the German keyboard layout. Why can't Microsoft add a simple right click...
  8. Help! I can't remove one annoying system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I can't remove one annoying system language: Hi!I'm having an issue, where i for some reason can't remove Polski language as it says it's my systems language, but i don't use it and i don't understand Polski, so thats why it's not needed! I want the default to be Latvian language.1st picture is in my systems language,...
  9. Help! I can't remove one annoying system language

Help! I can't remove one annoying system language: Hi!I'm having an issue, where i for some reason can't remove Polski language as it says it's my systems language, but i don't use it and i don't understand Polski, so thats why it's not needed! I want the default to be Latvian language.1st picture is in my systems language,...
  10. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Windows Display Language: English United States: Hi.How do I remove English United States as a display language? English United States is not listed as a keyboard, as my region, or in any other visible Windows settings. However, I've got English United Kingdom and English United States as my two display languages. I've...