Windows 10: Remove Libraries

Discus and support Remove Libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just don't want Libraries. so it is just a folder in the way. How can I turn them off? I want all traces of them gone, please.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RedGuy11, Jul 28, 2020.

1. RedGuy11 Win User

Remove Libraries

I just don't want Libraries. so it is just a folder in the way. How can I turn them off? I want all traces of them gone, please.

:)

RedGuy11, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 28, 2020
  3. ZoltanE Win User
    How to remove one or more default libraries

Is it possible to remove a default library? For example I don't want the Videos library at all, I'd like to remove it from the system. Deleting the related folder does not make it's icon disappear from the navigation panel.

EDIT: I mean it can be removed from the Libraries group but it stays listed under "This PC".

ZoltanE, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Remove Libraries

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Remove Libraries

1. Remove Libraries - Similar Threads - Remove Libraries

2. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?: I was browsing the Microsoft Store and saw a few apps in my library that I didn't really need. I was wondering if I could remove those apps from my library. I've tried resetting it, so I assume I have to delete that data connected to my Outlook account, or it's impossible to...
  3. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?: I was browsing the Microsoft Store and saw a few apps in my library that I didn't really need. I was wondering if I could remove those apps from my library. I've tried resetting it, so I assume I have to delete that data connected to my Outlook account, or it's impossible to...
  4. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  6. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  7. that is "remove location from library"

that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  8. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  9. how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11: Hello all,I now see these parasite folders on my desktop when I click open / save as on many programs.totally unnecessary if I want to go the the libraries - I will just click the button below.this was the situation until yesterday - none of them were visible, only items /...
  10. how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11

how to remove Libraries showing on Desktop during open / save as dialog on windows 11: Hello all,I now see these parasite folders on my desktop when I click open / save as on many programs.totally unnecessary if I want to go the the libraries - I will just click the button below.this was the situation until yesterday - none of them were visible, only items /...