Windows 10: Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer

Discus and support Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This must be from a very recent update as it just started appearing. The Locations field dropdown in File Explorer now contains "Quick Access" with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enso, Feb 11, 2019.

1. enso Win User

Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer

This must be from a very recent update as it just started appearing.

The Locations field dropdown in File Explorer now contains "Quick Access" with the bing logo. If I type something, then it opens bing.com in a browser window.

How do I permanently remove any reference to or connection with bing in File Explorer?

:)

2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove Bing

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Do you want to remove BING from default search, from Internet explorer or Windows search?

To remove Bing from Internet explorer follow the steps:

• Click the gear icon to open the Tools menu.

• Select "Manage Add-ons" from the Tools menu to display your add-ons by type.

• Select "Search Providers" under the add-on type. If Bing is the only search provider listed, you'll have to add another one before you remove Bing. To do this, click "Find more search providers." Click your desired search provider and click "Add to Internet
      Explorer." Select "Make this my default search provider." Restart Internet Explorer and return to the Manage Add-ons menu.

• Select "Bing" and click "Remove."
    Steps for removing Bing search bar:

• For users who have a touch screen device on Windows 8 or Windows 10 you will need to swipe from the right side of the screen to the center to open the charms bar.

Note: For users who have a PC or laptop you need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C” on the keyboard.
    • Left click or tap on the “Settings” icon presented in the “Charms” bar.
    • Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings” feature presented in the “Settings” window.
    • Now in the “Change PC settings” menu you will have to search for “Search & apps” and left click or tap on it.
    • You will have to find in the “Search and apps” menu the “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.
    • Reboot the Windows 8 or the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Removal of Bing from Internet Explorer

Hi Joycelyn,

It is possible that the Bing search engine is set as default that is why you can't remove it. We suggest that you add another search engine and set it as default, then try to remove the Bing. See steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer and in the top right corner of the search box, click the down arrow.

Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer c651f015-cb56-4a68-964d-9e1050094d16.png
    • Click on Add and select the your preferred search engine.
    • On the upper right corner, click on Settings.
      Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer 2fea28e9-d4e7-444e-962f-ff0ed44b464c.png
    • Click on Manage add-ons then click on Search Providers on the left panel.
    • Right-click on your preferred search engine and click on Set as Default.
    • You can now right click on Bing and click on Remove.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer

Removing BING toolbar and BING start page from Windows 10 - (Internet Explorer 11? -10?)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide the more information.

• What is the make and model of the tablet?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

For now let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

As per your information, be informed that Internet Explorer 11 is by default on Windows 10. You can also check the version by following the bellow steps.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.
    • Now click on About Internet Explorer.
    For the issue with Bing toll bar, I would recommend you to uninstall the Bing toolbar from the Internet Explorer and check.

• Press Windows Key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Now click on Programs and Features and locate for
      Bing toolbar.
    • Right click on it and uninstall it.
    Step 2.

For the issue with webpage, I suggest you to set a different homepage and check.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.

• Click on Internet option, now type a link or set a homepage in the box.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer

1. Remove link to bing.com in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove link bing

2. Remove Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Bing: How can I deactivate and delete Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing/590190b0-e764-49f3-be18-98b0b836b209
  3. Bing.,com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bing.,com: I hate Bing.com. I think the newest Microsoft Edge looks better than the original, but I will not use it if I Bing automatically open when I open Microsoft Edge. How do I disable or better yet, completely uninstall Bing.com?I appreciate any information you can furnish to...
  4. Remove bing from file explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove bing from file explorer search bar: Ever since an update I lost the ability to just type for a search, now it forces me to hit enter or click an irritating arrow and it looks like its searches for more than is in the folders. How do I change this back to just instant search. This is utterly irritating....
  5. Remove Bing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Bing?: Is it possible to remove Bing? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing/dd00f0cd-8c8c-40f8-802b-57f1d0aacec9
  6. Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer: A few days ago, my computer installed OneDrive for Business which I didn't need. In an effort to remove it, I ended up uninstalling OneDrive completely including my personal OneDrive and Microsoft Office for good measure. After installing it all back to my computer,...
  7. removing Bing

in Windows 10 Customization
    removing Bing: I would like to remove Bing from Windows start up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-bing/6fde4112-c15e-457e-8cd1-0f3545e7c24d
  8. Removal of Bing

Removal of Bing: People ask over and over how to remove Bing from our computers and all we ever get as an answer is how to change the default home page in IE 11. I have reluctantly switched to Edge and am able to make Google my home page but anytime I open a new tab, there's Bing again. I...
  9. How to remove bing from file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove bing from file explorer: This must be from a very recent update to Windows 10. In file explorer, the Locations field dropdown now contains "Quick Access" with the bing logo. If I type something, then it opens bing.com. How do I permanently remove any reference to or connection with bing?...
  10. removing Bing

removing Bing: I want to completely remove Bing from the Microsoft Edge because I hate this search engine and don’t want to use it. Please, how can I remove it? I tried some instructions but they don’t work....