Windows 10: Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

Discus and support Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer installed OneDrive for Business which I didn't need. In an effort to remove it, I ended up uninstalling OneDrive completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderFairbridge, May 12, 2020.

1. Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

A few days ago, my computer installed OneDrive for Business which I didn't need. In an effort to remove it, I ended up uninstalling OneDrive completely including my personal OneDrive and Microsoft Office for good measure. After installing it all back to my computer, everything is back to normal but the OneDrive for Business link is still in the Navigation Bar of the File Explorer. It does not have an associated location as when I click on it, it gives an error message basically saying the location is moved or deleted which it true, I deleted it. My problem is that I can't remove this from the Navigation Bar and I'd like to do this. Any help out there would be great!!!

:)

AlexanderFairbridge, May 12, 2020

2. Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

Is there a way to remove the Documents node from File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer [​IMG]

justinmreina, May 12, 2020
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, May 12, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

1. Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove Links Files

2. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane: I had two versions of OneDrive, one personal and one professional each with different log in identities. I need to remove the professional one, which had at some point duplicated itself in the File Explorer navigation pane.I followed all the instructions found online related...
  3. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane: I had two versions of OneDrive, one personal and one professional each with different log in identities. I need to remove the professional one, which had at some point duplicated itself in the File Explorer navigation pane.I followed all the instructions found online related...
  4. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  6. How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?

How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?: Uninstalled iCloud from my windows pc and now i get these 3 entries and when i click it says this. How do i get rid of them? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-entries-from-file-explorer/131f6385-4aac-48e7-9211-64ba00cb07b3
  7. File explorer navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer navigation: Hi, Id just like some feedback from other users on how you close File Explorer down when you've finished using it. When you have finished accessing a file or folder in File Explorer when you close it you'll see that the file is still selected (highlighted in blue). At that...
  8. How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane: [ATTACH]When you install Dropbox on your Windows computer, an icon gets installed in the Navigation Pane of File Explorer automatically. If you want to remove […] This article How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OneDrive from navigation pane of File Explorer: Thanks Brink Another (similar) question in case you know the answer or have time to have a look at it. I moved my OneDrive folder to my E:\ drive on Surface Pro. A OneDrive icon has now appeared at the top of my FE navigation pane, which I would like to remove or hide. I...
  10. Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Is there a way to remove the Documents node from File Explorer's Navigation Pane? [img] 108947