Windows 10: remove Local user from windows update

Discus and support remove Local user from windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest windows 10 update a local user has appeared on my start up page and in users I cannot get rid of it neither can advisers from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ukmikeb12, Mar 14, 2021.

1. ukmikeb12 Win User

remove Local user from windows update

After the latest windows 10 update a local user has appeared on my start up page and in users I cannot get rid of it neither can advisers from Microsoft any advice please

:)

ukmikeb12, Mar 14, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Remove local account from welcome screen?

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

I suggest you to restart your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to login from your Microsoft account and try to remove the local account.

To remove the local account, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• On the pop up window type netplwiz and hit enter.

• From the pop up window select the account you want to remove.

• Hit remove.
    Disclaimer: Removing the user account may lead to data loss.

Hope this solves the issue, please let us know if the issue still exists. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Mar 14, 2021
  4. remove Local user from windows update

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

remove Local user from windows update

1. remove Local user from windows update - Similar Threads - remove Local user

2. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  3. How to change or remove an unknown local user password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change or remove an unknown local user password?: I bought a Windows 10 machine on an estate auction, a Dell rugged laptop with outdoor screen (out of warranty with Dell). Windows is configured to never require password for login. However, if I press Windows+L to lock it, it will ask me for a password, so apparently there is...
  4. How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?: Hi, I have an environment with 10 clients that run Windows 10 Pro and I have a Synology DS918+ that runs as a Domain ControllerSynology Directory Server just as Active Directory. The clients have been joined to the domain and there exists domain users that have and use...
  5. remove picture of local administrator acount/user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove picture of local administrator acount/user profile: Hello.The lost month i am using the laptop of my brother.He is using it as local administrator and his profile it has not any picture.A few days ago i connect my microsoft account to it's windows 10 calendar & mail app.And suddenly my...
  6. Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ?: Hello, I am helping my grandparents with their computer issues, I recently upgraded their Win 7, old Sony Vaio machine to a fresh Windows 10 (recently - 2 months ago) According to them, this morning at start-up, the computer announced that the Password has expired and a new...
  7. remove user from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove user from computer: How do I remove a user from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-user-from-computer/203eef03-19d1-46bd-a0fd-d4ef73748a96
  8. Removing user from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing user from computer: I'm trying to remove my daughter as a user on my laptop. I have followed the instructions given by Microsoft, but when I get to her account, there is no "remove" option-only a "block" option. How do I remove her from this computer (I am the administrator)...
  9. Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Appdata\local\pagkages preventing user profile removal?: My conference room computers need the user profiles purged ever few weeks. It used work fine but now I receive an error stating that not all data has been removed. Whenever I look the only thing still hanging out is the appdata\local\packages folder, which will have 1 or 2...
  10. how to change a user from local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change a user from local user: How the heck do I change a user account(admin type) from being a local user, when I need to log into a network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-user-from-local-user/5cf90880-2c4d-4c06-9baa-c0dc5b894dbf