Windows 10: Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

Discus and support Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheGekkosAreOutThere, May 22, 2022.

1. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that keeps popping up saying you need to fix it, and the account is locked/deactivated because you have left. This should work if you still have the account connected to apps.Go to:1. Settings or PC settings2. Access work or school3. Click on the account, and a Manage and Disconnect button should appear. 4. Disconnect. I

:)

TheGekkosAreOutThere, May 22, 2022
  2. JAY PIXL Win User

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

As you can see on the screenshot below, I'm signed in to two different Microsoft accounts on Windows 10. The first one is my personal account which I use for basically everything. The second one is my school account. I've signed in to the school account
    because it came with a Microsoft Office license. Now let me explain my issue. I've graduated from said school last summer. My Microsoft account got deactivated by the school after I left. I did not sign out of this account on my pc as I didn't see any reason
    to. Now the account is still linked to my pc, but I've long been signed out. From time to time I get a notification telling me that there's a problem with my work or school account. When I click on it, it opens the custom sign-in page of my school (in place
    of the Microsoft one) in a separate window. This is completely useless since my account has been disabled, deactivated or probably deleted. When clicking on the 'manage' button you see on the screenshot, I get redirected to the sign-in page for a Microsoft
    account on which I could then enter my school- email and get in turn redirected to the school's sign-in page. Anyhow, the gist of it all is that I can not sign in to my account and I can not find a way to remove it from my pc without signing in and probably
    removing my pc online. It's not a big issue, but I still find it frustrating. Windows should be able to realize what the issue with the account is. It's treating it like a possible password change or another change of security settings. All the while my account
    is inactive and none retrievable. Maybe I am missing something and it is, in fact, possible to remove the account locally. Whether or not, I'd appreciate any help.

Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated 8ca94ba1-c677-4b52-860a-4d1dc49ab3e2?upload=true.png

JAY PIXL, May 22, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 22, 2022
  4. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

Hello

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, My name is Miguel T. I'm an independent Advisor

Have you tried this?

1. From the Windows 10 Search bar, Type "Settings" and hit Enter.

2. Select "Accounts"> go to "Access work or School" disconnect/remove the School email address.

Miguelonky, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

1. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated - Similar Threads - Remove locked account

2. Your account has been locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your account has been locked: Hi , i want to login to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but can't , it says Your account has been locked . please help me recover it .the account is for my work , gaming and i cant use it from 08/05/2022...
  3. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  4. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  5. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  6. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  7. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in: I have just finished my studies and my student account Microsoft 365 has been locked. Now, I can't seem to remove it from the Settings menu on my laptop because it requires signing in.Is there a way to remove it without accessing the account through the pop-up login screen in...
  9. Remove work or school account from PC

Remove work or school account from PC: I have connected my school account to my PC a few weeks ago and now I'm realizing that some of my settings on my PC are controlled by my school. For example, I can not use a PIN in order to log on since my "organization" controls that setting. I have tried to remove the...
  10. Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed: As you can see on the screenshot below, I'm signed in to two different Microsoft accounts on Windows 10. The first one is my personal account which I use for basically everything. The second one is my school account. I've signed in to the school account because it came with a...