Windows 10: remove log on password requirements.

Discus and support remove log on password requirements. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by T_SAND, Apr 4, 2019.

1. T_SAND Win User

remove log on password requirements.

Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to create a login. Every since then I have not been able to log in without a password. Now at PC boot when it get to windows screen I have two user name listed and option to enter password both user names are the same. I can only access windows if I chose the first one and then enter a password.

I have seen the post were you use the command prompt and do the "netplwiz", but doesn't all that do is automatically enter your password for you and continue to windows? This is what I did at first to try to remove password and now i got 2 user same user name.

That is not what I want. I want no password and I want to boot computer and have it come to windows log in screen and then I want to hit enter and have it just go to desktop like it was doing before. I want just to be the sole administrator and no log in and no password.

I'm running windows 10 PRO 64bit

:)

T_SAND, Apr 4, 2019

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Apr 4, 2019
  3. homarcus Win User
    remove password request to log-in to computer

I have been using my computer (with Windows 10) not requiring a password to log in. Suddenly today after turning on my computer, it popped up that a password is needed. I've tried different methods to remove the password request as suggested in the forum
    but didn't work. Please advise how to solve the issue. Thank you.

homarcus, Apr 4, 2019
  4. remove log on password requirements.

How to remove password in windows 10 home basic

Hi Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that password is very important securing the computer and preventing unauthorized access to the computer.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remove password in windows 10", are you referring that you don't want to enter the password when you boot to the computer or completely removing the password for your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

If you do not want to enter the password after logging in from sleep mode, I suggest you to follow the steps below to select don't require a password in the power option and check if it helps

1.Click on
    Search bar.

2. Type "Power options" without the quotes in Search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on require a password on wakeup
    option.

4. Now Click on change settings that are currently unavailable

(if the option doesn't appear refer to the next step).

5. Click on don’t require a password.

6. Click on save changes.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing the password in Windows 10,
    we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

remove log on password requirements.

1. remove log on password requirements. - Similar Threads - remove log password

2. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  3. remove log in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log in password: I am giving my laptop to my daughter and I want to remove my information and login password how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/23043f1f-ab4c-435f-90ab-221299af6c54
  4. remove log in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log in password: how do I remove my log in password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/a0b77a09-9d98-4077-9ce3-037e0282f5ee
  5. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  6. Remove password log in

Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742
  7. Remove password log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742
  8. Log in requires password

Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...