Windows 10: Remove Microsoft Account from User

Discus and support Remove Microsoft Account from User in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnanyaShr157, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Remove Microsoft Account from User

Hello!

The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I cannot replace the email address on the account. Which means, the hacked (and soon to be closed) is the only account that lets me log into my laptop. People suggested that the easiest solution would be create a new User, copy all my files to the new User account, and then delete the old account with the hacked email. But I wanted to know: is there any way I can just change the email address and not delete my entire account?? If no, then what should I do?

:)

AnanyaShr157, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 14, 2019
  3. How to completely remove all traces of a Microsoft Account from a local User Account

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on removing traces of Microsoft Account on your local account, you may do the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select Manage User Accounts - here you can delete the traces of the Microsoft Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Remove Microsoft Account from User

removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Remove Microsoft Account from User

1. Remove Microsoft Account from User - Similar Threads - Remove Microsoft Account

2. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  3. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  4. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove user account: How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?...
  6. Remove User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: [ATTACH]I have accidentally added my own email to a new account and now I can't get rid of it, even though it's disabled. PS.: I have tried Win + R > control userpasswords2 and then removing it, but it doens't show up. ***Modified title from: Control of users***...
  8. Remove unknown emails from user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove unknown emails from user account: On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises....
  9. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account: How do I remove an old Microsoft user account? I'm using Windows 10. I linked my work account to my personal laptop, but now I've left that company, my account has been closed at their end and I can't remember my old password. I've left it sitting on my laptop for several...
  10. How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile: I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc. This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and...