Windows 10: Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

Discus and support Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tripathy Divyajyoti, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password as it is a common account. I want to remove the sign in options from there sign in with microsoft account password.

:)

Tripathy Divyajyoti, Dec 7, 2021

2. Account automatically locks after login

So, here is the situation, Win10 boots up fine, after entering the username password, the account automatically locks itself taking me back to the login screen. Just for clarification, is NOT that the account is locked in the sense of failed passwords. The correct password is entered, it looks as if it will load the desktop, but then it takes me back to the login screen. It acts as if Win+L was type after entering the password or something like that because I can see "Locking" just before the login screen appears again.
    I have tried to boot into safe boot but the same thing happens there.
    I was able to create another account and that one logs in fine. I even removed the password of the first account, but same behavior. If I try enough times, I can vaguely see what looks like Edge has loaded with several tabs. So, there is something under the first account that forces a lock or something similar.

Has anyone experienced something like this? This is my in-laws laptop so, I cannot just reset it or create a replacement account because all their stuff is in that first account. Any suggestions?

Mexican712, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Cannot sign into microsoft account with Window 10 apps.

Hi Lyra,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Have you receive any error, when trying to Login using Microsoft Account on your system?

• Have you changed the password of your Microsoft Account/
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen :).

zekrahminator, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

1. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen - Similar Threads - Remove Microsoft account

2. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  3. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  4. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  5. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  6. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  7. Removing Password from Lock Screen

Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  8. How to remove pin/password login from account?

How to remove pin/password login from account?: I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to...
  9. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen: I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password as it is a common account. I want to remove the sign in options from there sign in with microsoft account password....
  10. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen: I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password as it is a common account. I want to remove the sign in options from there sign in with microsoft account password....