Windows 10: Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to

Discus and support Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up it is a administrator account. The messages were about needing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by T3rminater, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to

I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up it is a administrator account. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it.

The problem is that I no longer use that account. The account was deleted some years ago due to personal reasons and Microsoft doesn't realize that.

I've tried going into settings. I can still see the account under "Emails and Accounts." When I click "Manage" it takes me to a login in screen, but I don't have a functioning password and no longer have access to the administrator for the school account because it doesn't exist anymore.

Is there any way to remove the account from my computer that doesn't require a password? It is not even my primary account, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

Need help in this ASAP.

:)

T3rminater, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to

1. Remove Microsoft Administrator Account I no longer have access to - Similar Threads - Remove Microsoft Administrator

2. Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.: HiI would like to delete a Microsoft account I no longer have access to. I would like to free up the email address attached to it. Could you please guide me through the process...
  3. Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a Microsoft Account you no longer have access to.: HiI would like to delete a Microsoft account I no longer have access to. I would like to free up the email address attached to it. Could you please guide me through the process...
  4. Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to: Hello, I used to have a Microsoft Office Account through my old job. In order to be able to access it as needed, I had added it as an account on my home PC for when I worked from home. However, I left his job at the beginning of the year, and the company obviously...
  5. How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?: So I've been getting this error/alert message for some time now which says there may be a problem with my accounts. So I click it and it takes me to the Email & accounts setting page. And under Accounts used by other apps, there is my Gmail account which is my primary MS...
  6. Remove OneDrive and Email Account on Windows for Office365 Account I No Longer Have Access To

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive and Email Account on Windows for Office365 Account I No Longer Have Access To: I was a contractor for a company, and they gave me an office 365 email address and one drive account that I used on my computer. I've since ended my contract with that company, and no longer have access to that office365 account. However, I can't remove the onedrive or...
  7. Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to

Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to: I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it. The problem is that I no longer attend that school. My previous...
  8. Microsoft account have administrative access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account have administrative access?: Does logging in to my PC with my Microsoft account have administrator access? How do I know or where do I control this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-have-administrative-access/59dc5f7a-4e91-4b00-813f-d233f6c19676"
  9. How to remove a work microsoft account once you no longer have access?

How to remove a work microsoft account once you no longer have access?: Hello, I had set up my work microsoft account on my personal computer and now I am no longer at the job and do not have access to the account. Now every time I log on to my computer it is telling me it has trouble accessing this work account. How can I delete this account...
  10. Removing account I no longer have access to

Removing account I no longer have access to: I have a question regarding a work/school email address. I quit my job two days ago. Today, I was trying to remove that account from my Windows 10 mail app. Since my workplace removed my login access before I quit, I am not able to log in to my account to remove the account...