Windows 10: Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

Discus and support Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, Windows update forced downloaded.... I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING FYI.. Biggest issue is that you have now forced the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveShortt, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

Hi there,

Windows update forced downloaded.... I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING FYI..

Biggest issue is that you have now forced the new microsoft edge on me and this has stopped google chrome from being my default browser. I DO NOT WANT MICROSOFT EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot select Google Chrome as my default any more AS YOU HAVE REMOVED IT FROM THE LIST AND ONLY MADE THE CHROME PAID HELP APPS AVAILABLE. You need to resolve this! PATHETIC!!!!

:)

SteveShortt, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Jakes6046 Win User

Can't Set Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10

Want to get the latest scoop on a Win10/Default Browser problem that's been discussed before. Google Chrome is (was?) my default browser. Recently alerted to Office updates (have Office 365). Update wasn't successful, so I let it go. Then, when I clicked
    on Chrome on the desktop -- NOTHING, ZILCH. Yet Microsoft Edge loads fine. Settings/Default Apps/Web Browser showed Edge, clicked on it, selected Chrome form the icon list - fine - but when I tried to activate it from the desktop - again, NOTHING. What's
    going on...?

Uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and the desktop icon says "new_chrome" (an updated version?). It works fine and includes all the Favorites, like before. But when I go into Settings/Default Apps and click on Edge to show the other default browser choices,
    Chrome is NOT listed. It's also not listed under general Apps and Features. In addition, every web site icon I have on the desktop (e.g., Amazon) is now shown with an Edge icon and opens only within the Edge browser. And when I open Chrome from the desktop,
    it asks to make it default. I click to do so, the Apps list appears, but Chrome, again, is NOT shown in the Default Apps/Web Browser list. I think the Office Update screwed things up. So..... how do I make Chrome the "complete" default browser?...... which,
    I guess, is another way of asking: how do I get Chrome into the Default Apps/Web Browser list? HELP.... anyone?

Jakes6046, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Jakes6046 Win User

Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

Can't Set Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10

Want to get the latest scoop on a Win10/Default Browser problem that's been discussed before. Google Chrome is (was?) my default browser. Recently alerted to Office Updates (have Office 365). Update not successful, so I let it go. Then when I clicked
    on Chrome on the desktop -- NOTHING, ZILCH. Yet Microsoft Edge loads fine. Settings/DefaultApps/WebBrowser showed Edge, clicked on it, selected Chrome from the icon list - fine - but when I clicked on the desktop icon - again, NOTHING. What's going on.....?

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Chrome and the desktop icon now says "new_chrome" (an updated version?). Works fine, includes all the Favorites, like before. But when I go into Settings/DefaultApps/WebBrowser and click on Edge to show the default browser choices,
    Chrome is NOT listed. It's also not listed in the general "Apps and Features". In addition, every web site desktop icon (e.g., Amazon) is now shown as an Edge icon and opens only within the Edge browser. And when I open Chrome from the desktop, it asks
    to make it default. I click to do so, the Apps list appears, but Chrome, again, is NOT shown in the DefaultApps/WebBrowser list.

I think the Office Update I tried to do screwed things up. So.... how do I make Chrome the "complete" default browser?.... which, I guess, is another way of asking: how do I get Chrome into the DefaultApps/WebBrowser list? HELP.... anyone?

Jakes6046, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

1. Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome - Similar Threads - Remove Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  3. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  4. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  5. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  6. News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser: Is there anyway to make the news pages in the news and interests panel on the taskbar open in my default browser (chrome) instead of edge? I'm running windows 10 home 20H2 64-bit. Thanks :) 181182
  7. Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser: The last update PUSHED Edge onto a number of our employee's taskbars. And, that is not the worst part. In some cases, even though other browsers were being used by an individual, when I tried to revert the workstation's default browser under default apps, the original...
  8. set CHROME as my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  9. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser: windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome....
  10. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...