Windows 10: remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens

Discus and support remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge automatically opens at startup again after my latest required update This makes my laptop run too slow to open and use programs The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trishahunter, Aug 30, 2020.

1. remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens

Microsoft Edge automatically opens at startup again after my latest required update This makes my laptop run too slow to open and use programs The icon disappeared in Task Manager but the program won't shut off and continues to re-open

:)

trishahunter, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to run Microsoft Edge automatically at startup

Hi Jimmill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Aug 30, 2020
  4. remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens

How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens

1. remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft Edge

2. Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar: I am noticing weird behaviour with the icons of open programmes. Sometimes icons disappear. In some cases, it will come back, but in most cases it will stay hidden untill i start the programm again or untill i reboot. You can still see that the programm is open, by the bar on...
  3. Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for open programs disappearing in taksbar: I am noticing weird behaviour with the icons of open programmes. Sometimes icons disappear. In some cases, it will come back, but in most cases it will stay hidden untill i start the programm again or untill i reboot. You can still see that the programm is open, by the bar on...
  4. An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks: An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks to the hard drive backup ? I found one extension, but it was not possible to specify where to save the bookmark...
  5. An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks: An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks to the hard drive backup ? I found one extension, but it was not possible to specify where to save the bookmark...
  6. Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself: [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what to do if Edge keeps opening automatically by itself on Windows 11/10 devices. According to the affected users, Edge opens automatically every time they start their computers, whereas, some users have stated that Edge opens up...
  7. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  8. Can you open a desktop icon startup automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you open a desktop icon startup automatically?: Trying to open a Desktop Icon that opens with each startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-open-a-desktop-icon-startup-automatically/290effe0-f82f-4b2c-9ea9-2dee15251ac4
  9. screen startup icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen startup icons disappeared: I vacuumed the keyboard and screen and the whole display icons went wonky. When I click on the windows startup, the icons aren't there, and instead there are three "things" on the top left start, pinned tiles, and all icons. If I click on all icons, the icons are spread all...
  10. Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup: Hello all. I was wondering if it is possible if I can have specific programs launched at startup , and have them placed on another virtual desktop (i.e Desktop 2) . In my scenario , I have to manually launch all my hardware monitoring utilities and move them to Desktop 2 ,...